Running and music...
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Running and music...

Anyone listen to music while running/jogging? If so what music, need to find a few songs that are good to listen to and yet are long.

Hey I listen to music when I run. I listen to a Marine Corps Cadence cd that I burned.

running with music isnt a good idea when u ron the streets anyway... but if you have to i advise.... some metal or hardcore music

Try 'NSync, The Backstreet Boys, New Kids on the Block...

or try running without music so you can avoid the cars and stuff.

Cars and semi's going at 50,60 or 70 mph is constant moto... or something to the effect.

I'm lucky enough to live in the country...

Credits
    Savings
    Where I run there are no cars. Thats why i'm asking. And im not inside either.

Unless you're on a track, trail, or treadmill it isn't safe. If I run under those circumstances I may listen to some music. My ipod is usually full of 60s rocks, 80s hairbands and pop, and modern country. My pace is set by the garmin, not the music, so it doesn't matter too much.

In all honesty, don't allow yourself to depend too much on the music to set your pace for you. You won't have that ability on the PFT, so run at least some without it now.

Credits
    Savings
    If im not running with someone I start to lose intrest in it and just want to stop. Notice this a lot. Ran with my broinlaw other night, hes in the Army. I kept up with him, and it was a competition and I didnt lose intrest. When im running with other Poolees I dont. But when im by my self I just dont want to run. Why I need music.

Yah when I'm by myself I hate it. I run on a treadmill now because here in Iowa City its like 10 degrees but this is my playlist: Its pretty hard and upbeat so it gets the blood pumping (not in any particular order):
    Enter Sandman - Metallica
    Back in Black - AC/DC
    Down with the Sickness - Disturbed
    Anxiety - Black Eyed Peas
    Headstrong - Trapt
    Ghetto Gospel - 2pac and Elton John
    Drive - Incubus
    Song 2 - Blur
    I Disappear - Metallica
    Unforgiven - Metallica
    Get Back Remix - Ludacris and Sum 41
    Hells Bells - AC/DC
    Boom - POD
    Chop Suey - SOAD
    Suck It Up - hed(PE)
    Side of a Bullet - Nickelback
    Here Comes the Boom - Nelly
    Number One - Nelly
    Aw Naw - Nappy Roots and POD
    5 Minutes Alone - Pantera
    American Bad Ass - Kid Rock
    Walk - Pantera
    Cowboy - Kid Rock
    Bawitaba - Kid Rock
    Last Resort - Papa Roach

Hey hawks running in the cold is just soooo much fun, try doing it with like 0 degree temps with like -15 windchill lol. yeah it does suck. Last time I PT with some other poolees the snot froze to my face, and this one kid puked and when we past it on the way back it was frozen. lol

Well hardly anyone answered this question normal...I dunno I am one of those people who likes every kind of music. Even country . So ya I listen to rap to hardcore to country to whatever. My last Cd's I got were Say Anything: is a real boy, Brand New's new cd, and Eminem: the re-up. Our RSS' favorite song as a group though is the Korn/Dem Franchize Boys - Coming Undone Wit It..

I didn't answer with a list of songs because I'm starting to 'get' what echo four bravo was saying... we wont have Ipods and walkmans in boot, so why start now. (IMO)

Credits
    Savings
    I listen to alot of chris ledoux and merle haggard and older country, modern country tends to **** me off. Other than that its all some random songs most people never of like mad sin, horrorpops, chop tops, carl perkins, nekromantix, the sea legs, time again, the unseen

If you must run to music then let the music you like be your choice. Try to make the beat one you can pace yourself to. A fast beat will make you want to run faster and wear you out quicker, too slow a beat will not give you the workout you want.

Personally I ran to no music so that I could listen to the sounds around me (and my raggedy breathing, ha ha ) and I used the time alone to concentrate on having a good, fun run. In Hawaii we used to run up through the mountains and I just enjoyed the scenery and listened to the birds...

Quote Originally Posted by Christiansen
    I didn't answer with a list of songs because I'm starting to 'get' what echo four bravo was saying... we wont have Ipods and walkmans in boot, so why start now. (IMO)

so? whatever makes running right now more enjoyable so you're motivated to do it. You're training for boot camp but you don't have to pretend its boot camp and deprive yourself.

I don't run without my iPod. I get bored.

Thread Information