Our options in Iraq - Page 7
Create Post
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    SuN, I realize you probably don't get to be around too many folks as full of *iss and vinegear as us...but I'd advise you, once you get into the fleet, to remember both where, and who, you are and what you represent. Also, be dang careful about whom others refer to as the 'pogues', since you may one day depend on one of them pogues to help you out of a jam. I spent almost my entire career in the FMF, the last two years as a no *hit pogue at HQMC...and was home less there than when I was with a 'victor' unit. I did four years as a 'winger', and know dang good and well how long and hard those guys work.

Lastly, everyone's got an opinion, but dangit, I personally believe you can't see the forest for the trees. You want goodness and light from the USA, which is great, except for the fact that the other guy doesn't play fair...EVER. Eventually, the gloves have to come off, and we have to get serious. If we don't, then I suggest you start studying the Koran, and following it's tenants, because that is what this is coming to. Me, personally, I don't want my daughters to be wearin Burkas. THAT's what I fight for.

Credits
    Savings

Exclamation Dam it, see what you've gone done, gave them ideas

Quote Originally Posted by FISTFU68
    YES 'NUMBA 10~THE JIHADIST'S ARE COMING; TO A MALL;IN YOU'R BACK~YARD!!!LIFE'S A *****~THEN YOU DIE!!!
    By MIKE ROBINSON,

Associated Press Writer 17 minutes ago

CHICAGO - A Muslim convert who talked about his desire to wage jihad against civilians was charged Friday in a plot to set off hand grenades at a shopping mall at the height of the Christmas rush, authorities said.
    Investigators said Derrick Shareef, 22, an American citizen from Rockford, was acting alone and never actually obtained any grenades. He was arrested Wednesday when he met with an undercover agent in a parking lot to trade a set of stereo speakers for four hand grenades and a gun, authorities said.
    "He fixed on a day of December 22nd on Friday ... because it was the Friday before Christmas and thought that would be the highest concentration of shoppers that he could kill and injure," said Robert Grant, the agent in charge of the Chicago FBI office.

Authorities said Shareef had been under investigation since September, when he told an acquaintance that "he wanted to commit acts of violent jihad against targets in the United States as well as commit other crimes."
    The acquaintance immediately informed the FBI, officials said.
    Federal officials said Shareef planned to set off four hand grenades in garbage cans at the CherryVale shopping mall in Rockford, about 90 miles northwest of Chicago.

Other potential targets that Shareef allegedly discussed included government facilities such as courthouses and city hall, authorities said.
    An affidavit quoted him as saying: "I just want to smoke a judge."
    Shareef was born in the United States and converted to Islam, officials said. They believe he might have learned about jihad through videos and Web sites.

"While these are very serious charges, at no time was the public in any imminent peril," U.S. Attorney Patrick J. Fitzgerald said in a statement.
    A spiritual leader of Rockford-area Muslims commended authorities for intercepting the alleged plot and reiterated "the Muslim community's condemnation of terrorism in the name of Islam," said Shpendim Nadzaku, imam of the Muslim Association of Greater Rockford.

Asked if he had ever met Shareef, Nadzaku said: "No one in the community has any clue as to who this person is — he's completely anonymous."
    The door of a Rockford town home that is the last known address for Shareef went unanswered Friday although a female inside was seen turning off a light as a reporter stood outside.

Shareef appeared briefly before a judge Friday and was ordered held without bond. He was charged with one count of attempting to damage or destroy a building by fire or explosion and one count of attempting to use a weapon of mass destruction.

Defense attorney Michael B. Mann declined to comment on the charges.
    Shareef and his acquaintance cased the mall on Nov. 30, discussing the layout and spots where they might set off several grenades simultaneously to create more pandemonium, according to an FBI affidavit.

A spokeswoman for the mall said officials were cooperating with the investigation but referred all other questions to the U.S. attorney's office.

Mall customers expressed a mixture of anger and indifference Friday evening. "I don't think anything is going to stop people from coming to this mall now. It's Christmas," said 27-year-old shopper Jaclyn Gonzalez of Rockford. "You're not going to keep from doing what you have to do just because someone is making ignorant comments."

Last edited by yellowwing; 12-09-06 at 01:30 AM.

This guy should be immediately executed as an enemy spy on American soil. After the proper trial, of course.

Naturally, none of this will occur, but it would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Leprechaun
    SuN, I realize you probably don't get to be around too many folks as full of *iss and vinegear as us...but I'd advise you, once you get into the fleet, to remember both where, and who, you are and what you represent. Also, be dang careful about whom others refer to as the 'pogues', since you may one day depend on one of them pogues to help you out of a jam. I spent almost my entire career in the FMF, the last two years as a no *hit pogue at HQMC...and was home less there than when I was with a 'victor' unit. I did four years as a 'winger', and know dang good and well how long and hard those guys work.

Lastly, everyone's got an opinion, but dangit, I personally believe you can't see the forest for the trees. You want goodness and light from the USA, which is great, except for the fact that the other guy doesn't play fair...EVER. Eventually, the gloves have to come off, and we have to get serious. If we don't, then I suggest you start studying the Koran, and following it's tenants, because that is what this is coming to. Me, personally, I don't want my daughters to be wearin Burkas. THAT's what I fight for.
    Outstanding post - best I've read on this thread. Its a shame that we cannot all express our differing opinions using this level of tact.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    TERROR AGAINST TERROR~WE SHOULD START SENDING OUR BOY'S INTO IRAN & SYRIA~THE (C.I.A.)~TEN CAR'S A DAY FULL OF C-4;AND START CHAOS~ON A MAJOR SCALE!!! PHOENIX~PROGRAM STYLE!WHEN WE STARTED PULLING THAT CHIT ON THE GOOK'S,THEY STARTED SCREAMING FOUL!!! LIVE BY THE SWORD~DIE BY THE SWORD! AMEN!!!

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    As a Country there are many options. As an active duty Marine you only have one option, Do Your Job.

In SuN's defence I am pretty sure he has never called anybody a POG(pouge) on this forum. If i remember correctly he is Motor T. I know this is sidetracking the topic, but I dont think "pouge" applys as much as it did pre OIF. Nowadays the guys catching all the jokes are the FOBBITS. Anyone who regularly goes outside the wire gets a big thumbs up from me No matter his MOS.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Since the government has announced our surrender in Iraq I see only one possible solution; partition. Divide the country back into the Ottoman empires they were before Iraq became a country-let the sunnis, shi ites and Kurds have their own areas. Spend a year training a national guard for each region, devise a plan to regulate and divide oil revenues via a small central governing body in Baghdad and let them know we are going home. Let them know that we will do nothing to help them when Syria and Iran invade, which they will do within months. Then let's see who gets serious about "suiting up" and standing tall. There is no longer any point in wasting our troops on a slow surrender policy put forth by the Baker report. Train their troops and cops, stay out of the field and prepare to reinvade in ten years to take the oil fields (for real this time). We were told that this fight would takle years, perhaps generations, but this country is not prepared for going the distance anymore and will never be, given the media and partisan politics of the dems. When political power becomes more important to a party than national survival that party has invalidated it's right to rule. Unfortunately, by promising to open the borders and the treasury to the down-trodden, they will continue to be elected. Arm up, we'll be fighting them in our own streets soon.

Quote Originally Posted by D W George
    When political power becomes more important to a party than national survival that party has invalidated it's right to rule. Unfortunately, by promising to open the borders and the treasury to the down-trodden, they will continue to be elected. Arm up, we'll be fighting them in our own streets soon.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by FISTFU68
    SUN~MAN,CHECK THIS OUT~MARINE~IT WAS SOMETHING THAT 2d.FORCE RECON~HAD FOR US (PARA~LOFT)BOY'S, FOR AN ADDED PUNCH!!!(LMAO)~MK-54/SADM~LET ME KNOW WHAT 'YA THINK?MARINE~10/4~S/F
    ???

I never used the word "pogue" on this site you're confusing me with someone else.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member

Get you nickel's worth!

Credits
    Savings

Wink

[Quote jgorosco] " I am one Bad Azz Mother Fvcker. Oh yeah, I did fire my weapon during my time in the Corps unlike you." [End Quote]

As for the me, I'd want to be a poge in the office, especially if this is what happens to you (above) being around depleted uranium ordnance too often, especially the "Mother Fvcker" part

SF
    10th

Thanks JRyan, for the kind words...

And, SuN, never said you did...re-read my posting...Skillets is right, in this war, the only true 'pogues' in this war are the fobbits....

Quote Originally Posted by yellowwing
    As a Country there are many options. As an active duty Marine you only have one option, Do Your Job.
    Roger that!!!!

Thread Information