29 pounds to go
Create Post

Thread: 29 pounds to go

29 pounds to go

I am a 25 year old female that has a dream of becoming a Marine. I just gradurated from college last Dec. I was in the Army Reserves for 3 1/2 years. While in college I gained a nice amount of weight. I am not at all fat in fact I have a very musclar build for a female.

The Army will take me as I am but that is not what I want. Deep down I have always wanted to be a Marine. I would love to hear how you all have lost the weight to enlist. I would love for you to drop a POSITIVE post. I f you have any tips let me know. I run every other day and I box my heavy bag. It is working so far but I want to speed up the process.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    That's good that you're doing all of that but you may want to change your diet too - cut the fat (or the majority of it). I didn't have to do this way back when I went in but I've had to do it now at 45 because of blood pressure and (very) high cholesterol. I walk too - less stress on my old a$$ - and it's helped tremendously. Don't try to speed up the process - a watched pot never boils - you didn't put it on overnight and it won't come off overnight. You may have more muscle mass anyway (you know muscle does weigh more) so you may have to tone down the muscle workouts. If you really want to tone up and look feminine - PILATES does a body good.

Good luck..................

Hey good stuff. I dropped 80 lbs so far and had to drop 70 just to swear in. Keep up the good work. I busted by tail to get it off and am in the best shape of my life. I just kept the carbs down and drank plent of water when it came to the diet. I ran and hit the gym everyday also which sped the process up alot.

Just a couple of questions. What are you doing to take the weight off now? To where I have some sort of idea where to start. I am a Career Recruiter out of Kansas. So if you have any other questions feel free. just remember you have a dream to do this well its going to take alot of hard work and it doesn't stop there. It will continue throughout your career in the Marine Corps.

Semper Fidelis
    (Always Faithful)

[quote=Poskew]Hey good stuff. quote]

My, my Poskew we do get friendly don't we. What do you think this is? A place to make a pickup?? Straighten up and fly right in here and treat EVERYONE with due respect, whether they are a Marine or a Poolee or wannabe...

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    [quote=Camper51]
    Quote Originally Posted by Poskew
    Hey good stuff. quote]

My, my Poskew we do get friendly don't we. What do you think this is? A place to make a pickup?? Straighten up and fly right in here and treat EVERYONE with due respect, whether they are a Marine or a Poolee or wannabe...
    Hey there, no disrespect, but I think he was just saying "that's good stuff" like good job, not calling her "good stuff." That's what it sounded like to me-it's just the way us kids talk now a days!!!

Thread Information