Who Remembers Dog Patch? - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

pictures of dogpatch

[QUOTE=jinelson]Dog Patch was a ville just on the outside of Danang to the north almost at the foot of Hill-327 about a click out and was a popular venue for skivie runs. Of course it was off limits to all Marines and all other American personnel. As a 3531 I went through there from FLC to IstMAW and 1stMARDIV HQ's many times during the course of a tour. The baby sanhs were so friendly down that way and the MP's and QC's were there in abundance and not at all friendly. Anyone out there have any pleasant or otherwise memories to share about this quant hamlet? How about four corners? Lets hear about it answer up.

I have some pictures of dogpatch circa 1967-1968 if I knew how to upload them I would do so for all you vets that were there.
    I might add that the skivvie houses were mostly centered at Red Beach where all the supplies brought by the Navy were dropped off and everyone that had a license for a 6X tried to make supply runs. One of our Marines on a supply run traded a K-bar for a pallet of beer. We got caught and the sailor was NJP'ed and we had to return the beer except by that time a lot of it was gone.
    Do any of you Viet Vets recall hearing the stories of some of the troops getting the veneral disease called Black Balls as this disease had no cure and you died from it the ones that had it were sent to the Phillipines where they died and the family was informed they were KIA. Don't know if it is true or not just wondering if anyone else had heard of it.

I heard about it!

I remember hearing the stories but didn't personally know of anyone who caught it. Just like you said, you got sent to the Phillipines where you stayed till you died. Supposedly some kind of cancer that ate away as you turned black all over, and no cure! Could have been a tactic to scare guys into not making the stops in town and spending the $5, or was it $2.50. Can't remember.

Black VD....a rumor to keep us from partaking in "boom boom". I heard it many times in my tour in the 'Nam.
    Clap was rampant in Vietnam and what better way to keep it from becoming out of control than with a dreamed-up incurable version.
    We were just outside 1st Mar Div headquarters in motor transport. I was a 3531 and made many runs through Dog Patch but it was off limits. I stopped once or twice (quickly) to talk and sample vendors food.
    As a young kid, I was amazed at seeing bananas growing on trees in an alley in Dog Patch.
    The MP's were aggressive in enforcing the off limits rules.
    For us in Service Co MT, our CO allowed us to go into the Ville outside the back gate of 1st Mar Div to get out trucks "washed". Always with a shot gun.
    Yeah, we got our trucks washed (& more). The locals washed our trucks with dirty rice paddy water pumped out with gas pumps. The trucks were dirtier after the wash than before.
    By the way exnitro, outside the back gate the going rate was $2.50 as I recall.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Yes dunbardon I do remember the sisters house lol they thought truckers were numbah one. exnitro I remember the rumors and even some classes about the black syph but never heard of anyone getting it. If it was a tactic to stop us from stopping it failed miserably lol.

I Remember being in the village(cabbage patch) right out side of the gate at Marble Mt.
    [Right between The Delta or was it Charlie med and army joint( with the ladys doing the sauna & massage)beside China Beach]

well, my old man was in force recon 2nd plt. c-co. i have his maps and such..it seems he was there is this area close to the 45th parallel..also entered into the domain of the golden dragon i need to know what this is

45 parallel vietnam?

Don't think the was a 45 parallel in vietnam
    The dmz was the 17
    most of the 45th is over water I think

"Numbah one boom boom 50p" I believe was the sales pitch. I never partook but remember guys trying to pull the ****er tube out of the ground who had LOL

Dave

Yeah baby,My first day in country I had to go to the 1st Mar Div for in country orders,had to hitch a ride to Camp Carroll,on the way back a bunch of us FNG's were going thru some town in a 4 by,we hit some gook in the road,the brakes failed on the truck,and gooks were chasing us. Lucky for us there were MP's around to help us out. We got dropped off at the four corners road and had to hump it back to Camp Carroll on our own. We had no clue as to what was going on,or where we were,but we made it.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Five dollar MPC short time numbah one!

Jim

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Cool

EVERY STINKIN 'VILLE IN THAT HELL-HOLE~HAD A DOGPATCH

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Twenty Dollar MPC numbah one long time boom boom!

The good old days lol.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by jinelson
    Twenty Dollar MPC numbah one long time boom boom!

The good old days lol.

Jim
    We have those type of girls that come in some of our watering holes we like to hang out.

When we see them us girls(Marine wivies and girlfriends) say there famous quote, which then makes everyone laugh, and the girls do a fast walk out....

Ellie

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Does anyone remember the steam and cream on the army base in dog patch..??

What army base at dog patch?

Thread Information