Who Remembers Dog Patch? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Registered User Free Member Garry's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Dog Patch

I was with Delta Co. 1st. Mps. Dog patch was part of our area of responceability. We were grunt mps and pulled patrolls, ambushes etc. I was also with Bravo Co. At Marble Mt.. Have gotten together witl my Lt. from that time, that was a trip.

I was @ Camp Books and remember Dog Patch well. (68-69) I had a Arvn Gysgt friend there,and got my 1st taste of dog meat and formaldyhide (spelling) beer there. ahh but no boom boom.

I was there several time from 1967 to 1970. I was with HQ Battery 11th Marines and it was off limits to lower ranking Marines.

Credits
    Savings
    Our Battery was not far from Dog Patch. I had a secondary of 3531 so I drove thru often. Never stopped.
    I don't remember the name but there was a hooch near HQ where 4 women were shot for talking to the VC.

3/3/3

We are proactively seeking alumni from 3/3/3 who served in-country between May 1965 and October 1969. Please muster in with your Company Administrator on http://www.thirdmarines.net or send me an e-mail with your contact info so we can welcome you home and get you to our next reunion.

Registered User Free Member Eaglestrikes's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Scenic

Originally posted by jinelson
    Just bumping up for new members. Hey Rockpile if you read this you may want to start a tread on the rockpile it just may help you find an old buddy from that scenic paradise way up north off HI-Way 9.

Sempers
    Jim
    I was there 67 to 68. Con Thein. Camp Carrol, Cam Lo. C 1, 2 and etc.
    Also Ghio Linh. All over the Lancaster area.
    Scenic is right. Until it rained, and the River overflowed then it sucked.
    Spent time going up and down the Cua Viet also.

Credits
    Savings

MM

Originally posted by TopMarinesMC
    I was with MAG 11 MT in 67-68, remember lots of trips through Dog Patch, and a few stops there also. I was not there for the jets into MM, but do remember the AF B52 that made an emergency landing with the hydralics out and then into the mine field at the end of the runway (across road). Real nasty. Also the big attack in July 67 when the bomb dump went off.

Semper Fi
    70 to 71 Mag 16. Heard the story of the two Phantoms. Never knew anyone that actually saw it. Were they Marine or Navy?

Credits
    Savings

Re: Dog Patch

Originally posted by Garry
    I was with Delta Co. 1st. Mps. Dog patch was part of our area of responceability. We were grunt mps and pulled patrolls, ambushes etc. I was also with Bravo Co. At Marble Mt.. Have gotten together witl my Lt. from that time, that was a trip.
    I was 6055/5811 at Marble Mountain. Dogpatch??? Never heard of it. Kidding.....
    Went through it and Four corners a few times. Never stopped.
    Second tour, ( First one was on DMZ) and I was not going to venture where I did not need to go.
    I remember B Co. You remember the Army side?

Talking

I was there in May65, after the move to Hill 327 Hq Bunker,Dogpatch soon lost one of its prized establishments. It somehow spread not only VD, but a whole lot of itchy mites,so thanks to a Duce & half, a chain and rope was used to pull that nice house down,What a Hoot!! I guess thats why we were loved so much.

Dogpatch? Every chance I got. Anybody remember "Silver Fox" whiskey? Spiking it with lighter fluid would have been an improvement.

From November '65 till April '66, went through DP every day, somtimes on foot and somtimes in a M37 PC. Was with H&HS-1 Radio Relay on the top east side of 327. Mail call was at HQ and someone had to make the trip. Never knew it was off limits while I was there. Some guys did have problems with STD's from doing things that they should not have. Usually the beer was cold, but the choices weren't, Carling, Turborg, and 33 were just about all the choices.

A long time ago.

Semper Fi-Steve

Might have a foto somewhere of one of the DP beauties.

We used to go threw dogpatch on ammo runs for arty. never stopped there but did stop at the big PX.
    Welcome home brothers

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Lightbulb D/P

Wow!Call me shameless cuz I was with 1/1 and one of the 1st to hit those sinfull plaes.I was an 18yr old horny marine just spending months on ship doing the Gulf of Tonkin.Beetlenut and all,they were of the opposite gender.Not proud of it but the truth is the truth.Had one Chaplain,yes Chaplain,get the bug from one.
    I recall my one and only experience,yes it was a onetime thing,having a Lt. Col in the room next to me.

Registered User Free Member younglords's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Re: Who Remembers Dog Patch?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jinelson
    Dog Patch was a ville just on the outside of Danang to the north almost at the foot of Hill-327 about a click out and was a popular venue for skivie runs. Of course it was off limits to all Marines and all other American personnel. As a 3531 I went through there from FLC to IstMAW and 1stMARDIV HQ's many times during the course of a tour. The baby sanhs were so friendly down that way and the MP's and QC's were there in abundance and not at all friendly. Anyone out there have any pleasant or otherwise memories to share about this quant hamlet? How about four corners? Lets hear about it answer up.

Sempers
    Jim
    [/QUOTE}

Jim,
    I remember Dog Patch, I was one of the AFP`s (Armed Forces Police) that patrolled that area, was assigned to Delta Co. 3rd MP Bn. Caught many a marine there making skivvie runs. Even caught our XO and CO there once, the day after they lectured us about us going on a skivvie run. Danang was open to us though for all kinds of skivvie runs, I boom boom long time while being an AFP, lol
    Eddie....

Registered User Free Member albert torcini's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    I REMEMBER DOG PATCH AND CHECK POINT CHARLIE.I WAS WITH ENGINEERS IN "65". DOG PATCH WAS OFF LIMITS BECAUSE SOME MARINES NEVER CAME BACK. I WAS AT MARBLE MT. ALSO,AFTER THEY WERE HIT .WE TOOK SOME LOSES THAT NIGHT. THOSE MARINES WHO MADE SKIVVIE RUNS IN DOG PATCH HAD TO BE CRAZY. THEY STILL DON'T HAVE NAMES FOR SOME DISEASES THAT WERE FOUND THERE.

AL TORCINI

Thread Information