Who Remembers Dog Patch? - Page 30
Create Post
Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233 LastLast
    the only Dog Patch that i know of was in Li'l Abner and Daisy Mae that was once in the Sundays newspaper

must have been way before your time, I was there when you sat at a table and looked out for shiney things in your drink that wasn't suppose to be there, same thing in Da Nang also, They liked to grined glass and mix it in with the ice. Then serve it to you.

Credits
    Savings
    Off limits when I was there...

didnt look that nice when i was there, dock greeks photo i mean

I used to pass through Dog Patch on my way to the water point in DaNang.I drove the night shift ,Hauled water from the seabees base to Camp Brooks @ Force Logistics Command , Also from The water point at DaNang to FLC> I was ther in 1970 and 1971 . L/CPL Whitaker

I could tell you some stories about Dog Patch , but I,ll save them for another time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PFC (E-2) Robert Russel Garwood DOB 04/01/1946 The year was 1965 year of (whatever the f___ it is) He was court marshaled at Camp lejune NC.

Larry, I was at the Bob hope show in Dec 1970.Saw the Gold Diggers also.

Never made it to Dogpatch. Always seem to have just been passing through Danang . Old transit hootches by the airfield or construction barracks with the fancy bunks .

Quote Originally Posted by 2599108 View Post
    Larry, I was at the Bob hope show in Dec 1970.Saw the Gold Diggers also.
    Yup, and Lola Falana, was his headliner.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    was in the bush, but heard that Bob Hope was in country in 1970..thats as close as i got to seeing him....how i longed to see round eyes and white teeth

Lost it in Dog patch at 18

Quote Originally Posted by jinelson View Post
    Dog Patch was a ville just on the outside of Danang to the north almost at the foot of Hill-327 about a click out and was a popular venue for skivie runs. Of course it was off limits to all Marines and all other American personnel. As a 3531 I went through there from FLC to IstMAW and 1stMARDIV HQ's many times during the course of a tour. The baby sanhs were so friendly down that way and the MP's and QC's were there in abundance and not at all friendly. Anyone out there have any pleasant or otherwise memories to share about this quant hamlet? How about four corners? Lets hear about it answer up.

Sempers
    Jim

Hey Jim I remember Dog Patch, I didn;t know that it was off limits but me and my bro were from Quang Tri, we boarding a plane to Okinawa we had a 2 houir lay over man did I lay over I lost it in Dog Patch at 18

Quote Originally Posted by kink View Post
    Hey Jim I remember Dog Patch, I didn;t know that it was off limits but me and my bro were from Quang Tri, we boarding a plane to Okinawa we had a 2 houir lay over man did I lay over I lost it in Dog Patch at 18
    You guys are the reason we were so busy at first Med Bn,
    When I was there in 68.
    Here is a PDF of the Command Chronology for March of 68,

http://www.virtual.vietnam.ttu.edu/c...1201010073.pdf
    Read page 4 under Admissions where it says Battle Casualties 641

Non Battle injuries 223

Disease 421

Out patient visits 1817

OMG 11th Marines

Quote Originally Posted by Namvet67 View Post
    I was there several time from 1967 to 1970. I was with HQ Battery 11th Marines and it was off limits to lower ranking Marines.
    I too was with Hq Battery 11th Matines. I remember the ammo dump blowing up when I was there. Remember me?? I was a radio operator and driver for the last half for Comm Officer. I was there as a private,2nd tour, and left a lance. I rember our loach getting hit with a rocket one morning and killing the crew taking off.

Thread Information