Images

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$65$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

AFTER MY 65TH PURPLE HEART I REQUESTED A RAISE

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FISTFU68 View Post
    AFTER MY 65TH PURPLE HEART I REQUESTED A RAISE
    Who do you think you are? John Kerry! Three PHs will get you a senate seat! (at least in Mass.)

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    THEY FORGOT 2 PUT THEM ON MY DD-214 BUT IN REALITY I KNOW I WAS WOUNDED AT LEAST 87 TIMES,I GOT MORE LEAD IN MY AZZ THAN THE POTOMAC RIVER AND I WASN'T EVEN A CORPSMAN

Quote Originally Posted by yellowwing View Post
    Just did some research. In '68, a brand new Shelby Cobra GT500 would set you back $4,300 ($4,400 for the convertible). Don't worry that it only got 9 mpg. Gas prices were only $0.37 a gallon!
    saw one here in s.w. ks. they only wanted 90,000 dollars what a differents in time.i almost shiz my pants

Quote Originally Posted by FISTFU68 View Post
    THEY FORGOT 2 PUT THEM ON MY DD-214 BUT IN REALITY I KNOW I WAS WOUNDED AT LEAST 87 TIMES,I GOT MORE LEAD IN MY AZZ THAN THE POTOMAC RIVER AND I WASN'T EVEN A CORPSMAN
    did you not know that when they said get down, that means lay down and cover up on the ground and not to jump up and start dancing.. i bet when you go to an airport you set every alarm off . Semper Fi man hope your Ok now

Go try to buy a 1971-72 "Cuda Himmi Convertible" Saw one on auction go for just about 2 mill. I had a 68 GTX they are way up there.

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    HEY JACK!! When I get my DD215, you can have all four of my Pueple Farts!! They make good Christmas ornaments!! NO, maybe I'll get some Grunts, and Doc's, from my Group therapy, to witness me throwing them off the St. Petersberg Pier!! We'll get the local TV azzholes, to take pictures!! CAN'T WAIT!!......DOC

In 68-69 as a Cpl E-4 my pay was something like $340 per month. At An Hoa we had an air force detachment come in for a week or two to build up the airstrip. Those guys also received hazzard duty pay for being with us. We asked how come we didn't get it and they said that for us being where we was was "Normal" duty. What a *****.

Those guys also brought steaks, whiskey and all kinds of goodies. They weren't stupid, they knew to share with us.

Marine Free Member AlwaysWillBe's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Hmmm...
    I recall combat pay as $65 / mo and
    flight pay as an additional $50 / mo.

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries

Combat Pay

$50.00 Per month!

Combat Pay

Combat pay was $65 in 1970.

$65.00 as I recall in 66'-'67. I was in country for several months and was not recieving combat pay. I was finaly able to get permission to leave the field and go to Da Nang where our finace records were. After a long wait at the finance center my pay clerk came up to the counter and stated "Your not recieving combat pay because we have no proof your in country". To which I replied "Well, I wouldn't want you to take my word for it that I'm here".

Seems my unit had failed to make the necessary unit diary entry. Took several more weeks but I finally got combat pay retro-active to the start of the tour.

I was an E5 corpsman July'69-July'70 Quang Tri Province. I distinctly recall that my total monthy pay was $550. If $65 of that was combat pay, where did the other $35 come from??
    A Navy slush fund, to compensate us poor squid bastards not bobbing around the Gulf of Tonkin while simultaneously smoking dope and lobbing 16 inchers into North Vietnam? (Dave claimed that was the drill on the New Jersey).
    I know the $550/mo is right. I came home with beaucoup cash. But the difference between base E5 money and the $550...not so sure.

Can anybody help???

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    There was also $30.00 overseas pay along with $65.00
    combat pay.

Thanks, Chuck. I knew there were TWO pays just not how it worked. I'm in Burlington, Vt, PC Capital of New England. Should I apply for at least combat pay for just living here??? Overseas pay too? People's DEMOCRATIC Republic of Burlington.

Thread Information