More Fake news, here it is: "Greenland Ice loss will raise sea levels by a foot"... - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Credits
    Savings
    Youse guys are a gas!!!

“Whilst part of what we perceive comes through our senses from the object before us, another part (and it may be the larger part) always comes out of our own mind.”

― William James, The Principles of Psychology, 1890

Super Moderator Platinum Member USMC 2571's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    I agree with that. It's not sense perception only that tells us the "meaning" of something.

Credits
    Savings
    Exactly. But not only "meaning" but actual visual and memory of the objective stimulus is actually changed by "the mind."

Love you guys.Yer minds... Meh...

Whenever I'm told someone believes in "reality," I always ask Which One. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by advanced View Post
    Whenever I'm told someone believes in "reality," I always ask Which One. Just saying.
    Russ, that is why I say experience is reality and truth.

I can see now that I have to add Sgt. Goody to my help list. Group therapy can often be miraculous. I have dedicated my vast knowledge of the Physic realm to help heal my Brothers who communicates out of their azz. Sgt. Goody has an Inferior Deludes Complex. That's the reason he always quotes Psychological Icons. Dave is a stage 3 Aggressive Passive Floater. He enters the situation in a belligerent assertive mode, but, resorts to soft surrender when resistance occurs. Russ has Chronic Numbersymatic Syndrome. His mind refuses to acknowledge any number other than #1. He is on the verge of Acute Mathamental Collapse. As you can see, I have a caseload of Babbling Idiots to help. Wish me luck.......

Credits
    Savings
    Hahaha. Something for everybody.

I like being #1, so did/do my lady friends.

Credits
    Savings
    Billy: "Experience" is largely subjective, as William James' quote notes. "Truth?" Experimental science keeps looking for it, but:

"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper."
    Eden Phillpotts

Human knowledge keeps evolving, turning scientific fact too often into theory-much to the chagrin of scientists who are always searching for "the truth."

Why do I keep quoting the greats? Because "I am a man who knows a little and knows not infinitely (my own quote)."

Sgt. Goody, those magical things occupying the Universe are not waiting on wits, but imagination. I might add, those magical things are the minds of people. Human knowledge evolves because of experience. Remember that old saying....nothing ventured, nothing gained. If a Fact is proven by truth(Which is experience), it can never be deemed a theory. Because a theory is based on assumption of the mind, not the proven experience of "Been there, Done that".
    Who am I ??....a 10th grade dropout who was blessed with the Love of God and Common Sense.

Credits
    Savings
    And one of the most intelligent folks around.

Thank you Dave. Your very observant for an Attorney.

Credits
    Savings
    Hahaha.

Credits
    Savings
    "Truth?" An honorable try gyrene. Keep searching Billy. Since the metaphorical Tower of Babel it ain't out there for us. Human wit/imagination forms our sciences.

"The whole of science is nothing more than a refinement of everyday thinking.' -- Albert Einstein.

"Experience" (experimentation) had nuthin to do with his discoveries/"truths;" he thought'em up. Nowadays, we have used experimental science to "prove" them. And they are mostly proven; of course until another comes up (evolution) with a better theory/truth by human wits/imagination.

If U believe in a god, that is the only truth out there...

Experience is "Truth", Sgt. Goody. If a person sees a fire and he tells his buddy....that thing looks like it could be hot. That's a theory. If a person sees a fire and he sticks his hand in it and says, damn that's hot as hell. That's the truth based on first hand experience. Therefore, it is no longer a theory.
    Goody, you say experience had nothing to do with discoveries. You say it was thought up. I have already stated imagination is the first step to truth. Experimentation is the 2nd step to truth. Everything Einstein thought up was a theory. It was not a fact of truth until they were proven.
    I will add this.....there is no truth by human imagination, only by experience. I can see this nice looking Woman and say, I bet she would be some good loving. That's theory by imagination. After having sex with her, I say damn that was some good loving. That my friend is a truth by experience. Also science has many times proven itself to be debatable at the very least. Especially in this day and time when it's funded by the Government. You know....here's y'all a chunk of tax payers money. Now be sure to agree with what I say.......

Thread Information