Marines update dress guidelines and allow for longer hair
Create Post

Marines update dress guidelines and allow for longer hair

The Marines have announced a litany of uniform changes, including permitting longer hair, different socks, and more nail color options for women.
    The goal of the changes is to “positively impact diversity, equity, and inclusion,” a statement from the Corps announcing the changes on Wednesday read, according to the Marine Corps Times.

Among the changes, Marines previously had a “bulk of hair” maximum of two inches, and that has been upped to three inches. Male Marines also will now be permitted to shave “undesirable hair that extends beyond/below the natural hairline,” such as a “widow’s peak.” Female Marines will now be allowed to wear “clear,” “nude,” or “fingernail polish that resembles the wearer’s skin tone and covers the whole nail.”

Marines will also be allowed to wear black, olive drab, or Marine camouflage helmet caps in some circumstances, but they must be worn “underneath the helmet and may be worn as an outer garment for short periods when the helmet is removed.” Similarly, they are now permitted to wear olive drab- or black-colored socks in addition to the regular coyote brown.

But female Marines are not permitted to wear their hair in a ponytail, making them the only service branch not to allow it. Currently, they are allowed to put their hair in a “half ponytail” while working out.

“The Commandant of the Marine Corps, along with senior leadership, are still considering proposals for adjustments to the female hair policy, and a decision will be announced via a separate MARADMIN at a later date,” Capt. Ryan Bruce told the Marine Corps Times last month.

Story:

marines-update-dress-guidelines-and-allow-for-longer-hair

What's next brothers?
    Nose rings?
    Facial tattoos?
    Skirts for the guys who "
    identify" as female?