It does't pay to be a White Police Officer......
Create Post

It does't pay to be a White Police Officer......

Jury reaches verdict in trial of ex-Minnesota officer who killed Wright

FILE PHOTO: Poster of Daunte Wright

Nathan Layne
    ·2 min read

By Nathan Layne
    (Reuters) -The jury reached a verdict on Thursday in the manslaughter trial of Kimberly Potter, the former Minnesota police officer who mistook her handgun for her Taser and fatally shot Black motorist Daunte Wright during a traffic stop.
    The jury of six men and six women have reached a consensus on whether to convict or acquit Potter and the decision will be read in court between 1:30 and 2:00 p.m. CST (1930 and 2000 GMT), according to a notice from the court.
    Potter, 49, has pleaded not guilty to first- and second-degree manslaughter charges, which carry maximum sentences of 15 and 10 years, respectively. Potter said she thought she was drawing her Taser when she shot Wright in the chest with her 9 mm handgun during a traffic stop on April 11.
    In their closing arguments on Monday morning, prosecutors said Potter acted recklessly and with "culpable negligence" in drawing the wrong weapon, while the defense argued that Wright caused his own death by resisting arrest and attempting to flee, and that Potter was justified in using force.
    Potter is white and the shooting of Wright triggered several nights of protests outside the police station in Brooklyn Center, a suburb of Minneapolis, with critics calling it another example of police brutality against Black Americans.
    The incident occurred just a few miles north of where Derek Chauvin, a white former Minneapolis police officer, was at the same time standing trial https://www.reuters.com/world/us/jur...ial-2021-04-20 in the case of George Floyd, a Black man whose 2020 death during an arrest set off racial justice protests in many U.S. cities. Chauvin was convicted of murder.

Similar Threads:

This will bring about grave consequence's for law abidding citizens and Law Enforcement Officers. With no immunity, Officers will be very hesitant to use deadly force, especially against sweet young gang-bangers with a long criminal history dealing in guns, like this azz wipe was. There was a warrent for his arrest, he resisted arrest and fought with another Officer while trying to flee. But, he was the innocent victim and this Woman Cop was the evil Demon. And you wonder why there is racism in America. The Officer was sentenced to 15 years on one count and 12 years on the other.....for doing her job, trying to get criminals off the streets. I'm ashamed of America for letting this type of shet happen......

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I just read about this today on Reddit (conservative side). My wife and I have different opinions on this, she thinks the woman should have known she had a taser. She thinks the woman should be held accountable to some degree considering she did kill someone.
    I think the woman should be forced into a retirement (26 yrs on the force), put on probation timed served and set free. Her sentencing will be in February, will be interesting how much timed they actually give her. I saw how much they are recommending and it’s ridiculous.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    If it had been a Black Cop that Shot and killed a White suspect,it would be a different story ?

Quote Originally Posted by etakerns View Post
    I just read about this today on Reddit (conservative side). My wife and I have different opinions on this, she thinks the woman should have known she had a taser. She thinks the woman should be held accountable to some degree considering she did kill someone.
    I think the woman should be forced into a retirement (26 yrs on the force), put on probation timed served and set free. Her sentencing will be in February, will be interesting how much timed they actually give her. I saw how much they are recommending and it’s ridiculous.

Let me ask you this, you say the Woman should be held accountable to some degree. Let's not forget the circumstances that led to this incident. It seems like all the focus is put on the White Cops behavior and never on the black criminal. First and foremost, respect the Law and not break it. If you do break the Law, don't fight with the Cops. If you do break the Law, don't try to flee. Don't think this black punk didn't know he could be shot fighting and running from the Police. So, you tell me who brought on this outcome. You know where the biggest crime is here? Not holding the black scum responsible for causing all this shet. It's pathetic that a White Woman Cop will spend up to 25 years in prison for taking out a criminal gang-banger who regularly shet on the Law that the rest of us have to abide by. They only found her guilty because they knew what the liberal radicals would do in Minneapolis if they said not guilty.

My how times change. We've all heard that poor little Wright was stopped in a traffic stop because the car he was driving had out of date tags. It was then found out that he also had an outstanding warrant for his arrest. Of course, instead of being arrested peaceably he chose to fight the officers.

"At the time of the shooting, Wright had an open warrant for his arrest related to an aggravated armed robbery, for failure to appear in court, and for charges that he fled from officers and possessed a gun without a permit during an encounter with Minneapolis police in June."

Back in my day as a street cop the charge of aggravated armed robbery is/was a felony charge. If we were arresting you for the warrant and you fought us you would/could be shot down like a mad dog in the street. Whether the officer in this case was using a taser or her firearm to subdue this perp back in the day his warrant and his fighting the officer would have been a killing offense, and no officer would have been charged for anything. Just saying.

Super Moderator Platinum Member USMC 2571's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    As I keep saying, these endless incidents will go on and on and on as long as right is wrong and wrong is right.

Maybe a Republican victory next year can put some of it to rest.

Attached Images Attached Images

Credits
    Savings
    True....and there's never a word about what the criminal was doing just before being shot.

Credits
    Savings
    All those little details are irrelevant when nowadays all that matters is race.

"Race and gender"----
    The new motto of the United States of America.

To top all of it off, the little scumb*g's family will probably get a payout in the millions from the city.

Quote Originally Posted by Cpl Keller View Post
    To top all of it off, the little scumb*g's family will probably get a payout in the millions from the city.
    It's never the City, but the TAXPAYERS...

As I have mentioned before, I wonder how many Yankee's would have kept fighting in the Civil War, if they could look ahead in time 160 years......just saying.

Yeah, but our families did, and I believe that if they were here today they'd do it all over again. Billy, a lot of so called Americans today don't even comprehend the values of family, "country" and self pride even mean. I'm proud to have served in "our" war like our fathers and theirs did. We were the Mean Green Killing Machine, and if we even talk about that today we are deemed the "deviants." F'em all, we did what it took to stay alive and to keep our brothers alive. Most folks today can't even comprehend what it took to live through what we did.

I just got over a month of pheumomue (which has been a ***** by the way) I found out and my doc told me not to stress myself. I told him then put me back in a combat zone and I'd be OK. He agreed. At least he understands.

I hear ya Russ. It's hell when you have an enemy that is determined to destroy you and if you defend yourself, your the bad guy. Think of this.....if your a Law Enforcement Officer and you see a black punk breaking the law and you confront him. He tells you to fvck off he ain't going to do anything you tell him to do. He then turns and starts walking away, what are you going to do? If you grab him and throw him down, it's Police Brutality. If he tries to get your weapon while he's hitting you and you shoot and kill the scum, it's murder or manslaughter for using lethal force......Then on the 6 o'clock news they show you a picture of the Criminal when he graduated Elementary School and tell you what an outstanding student and young man he was. Then at the Funeral there will be 11 different men claiming to be the boys Father, show up to talk to the Lawyer about suing the Officer, the City, The County, the State, the Government, and Jesus Christ.

Thread Information