Satanic Deity on display at Illinois Statehouse Rotunda........
Create Post

Satanic Deity on display at Illinois Statehouse Rotunda........

Religious leaders and others in Illinois were outraged this week, just days before Christmas, when a Satanic group unveiled its holiday display inside the Statehouse rotunda in Springfield.
    The display features a sculpture of an infant version of Baphomet, a goat-like Satanic deity, and was set up next to a traditional Christian Nativity display inside the government building, the State Journal-Register of Springfield reported.
    "Hail, Satan!" members of the Satanic Temple of Illinois shouted as a leader identified as Minister Adam described what the display represented to the group, according to a video posted by the newspaper on its website.
    "The Capitol welcomes a diverse range of religions every year to display holiday statues during the holiday season, so we wanted to join in on that," the minister told WICS-TV of Springfield.
    Just steps away, a group of kneeling protesters, some holding Rosary beads, recited the Christian "Hail Mary" prayer. They also displayed signs with slogans such as "Satan Has No Rights," and "Begone, Satan! Mary Crushes the Serpent."
    LAW PROF SUGGESTS REWRITES OF FIRST AND SECOND AMENDMENTS THAT DO NOT MENTION FREE PRESS OR BEARING ARMS
    The protesters were from the American Society for the Defense of Tradition, Family and Property, the report said.
    This marks the third year that the Satanic Temple has been granted space inside the Statehouse for an installation, the newspaper reported. No display was erected last year because of the coronavirus pandemic, the report said.
    A sign posted near the displays by the State of Illinois explained that the groups were both allowed displays because of First Amendment rights to free speech and freedom of worship, as granted under the U.S. Constitution, WICS reported.

The U.S. Constitution.

"The State of Illinois is required by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution to allow temporary, public display in the state capitol so long as these displays are not paid for by taxpayer dollars," the sign said, according to the report. "Because the first floor of the Capitol rotunda is a public place, state officials cannot legally censor the content of speech or displays. The United States Supreme Court has held that public officials may legally impose reasonable time, place and manner restrictions regarding displays and speech, but no regulation can be based on the content of the speech."
    Critics speaking out against the Satanic display have included Bishop Thomas Paprocki, leader of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Springfield, who argued that such installations "should have no place in this Capitol or any other place."
    CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
    While the Nativity scene is intended to celebrate the birth of Jesus, the Satanic display is intended to mark the "satanic holiday" called Sol Invictus, the State Journal-Register reported.
    The Baphomet figure was created by Chris Andres, a horror artist based in Albuquerque, New Mexico, the report said.
    It was on loan from a Satanic Temple group in Massachusetts, WICS reported.

Similar Threads:

Ask yourself this......do you think that our Founding Fathers had this kind of Blasphemy in mind when they proclaimed "Freedom of Religion" and "Free Speech" is a right for everyone?
    Common sense would dictate that our Founding Fathers had absolutely no idea that something like this would ever happen in America. If they had, they would have provided restrictions in their wording. Isn't it amazing just how anti-Christ the U.S. has become? Not to mention how tolerant and adaptable Christians have become. If you have read and have any knowledge of Bible......do not tell me we are not living in the "End Days". Everything Prophesied about the final days is happening right now....

Credits
    Savings
    2 Timothy 3

New International Version

3 But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. 2 People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3 without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, 4 treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people.
    6 They are the kind who worm their way into homes and gain control over gullible women, who are loaded down with sins and are swayed by all kinds of evil desires, 7 always learning but never able to come to a knowledge of the truth. 8 Just as Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses, so also these teachers oppose the truth. They are men of depraved minds, who, as far as the faith is concerned, are rejected. 9 But they will not get very far because, as in the case of those men, their folly will be clear to everyone.
    A Final Charge to Timothy

10 You, however, know all about my teaching, my way of life, my purpose, faith, patience, love, endurance, 11 persecutions, sufferings—what kinds of things happened to me in Antioch, Iconium and Lystra, the persecutions I endured. Yet the Lord rescued me from all of them. 12 In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted, 13 while evildoers and impostors will go from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived. 14 But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have become convinced of, because you know those from whom you learned it, 15 and how from infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. 16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the servant of God[a] may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Credits
    Savings
    I listened to a sermon by one of my favorite & accurate preachers John MacArthur about the days of Noah
    Where the world was"possessed" by demonic spirits and God destroyed the people with the flood.
    it would seem to me that we are experiencing something of the same with all the"Anti-Christ" thoughts and actions these days?

Super Moderator Platinum Member USMC 2571's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    My usual question about these endless incidents.
    Are we surprised?
    We've been heading in this direction for DECADES .

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Not Surprised at all Dave...only thing Surprises Me is Trannies as D I’s and Navy SEAL’s

Quote Originally Posted by FistFu68 View Post
    Not Surprised at all Dave...only thing Surprises Me is Trannies as D I’s and Navy SEAL’s
    Say it ain't so Jack. What a horrible image in my head.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    SEAL trannies really don’t Surprise Me all that much lol,but gotta Admit a DI Tranny in 4th Bn PI would be some Kinky Duty

Thread Information