Place looks dead
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Place looks dead

Been gone for years from here due to bad apples between verbal abuse and being banned. I hope this place has changed for the better.

USMC veteran

Similar Threads:

Glad to hear from you, I too don't come around to often anymore, but I do pop in from time to time to see what's happening...

Panama Marine? How are you? I recently got into the VA system about a year ago. Been using them for physicals and immunizations. No complaints. I still have insurance through my job too.

Quote Originally Posted by 29palms View Post
    Panama Marine? How are you? I recently got into the VA system about a year ago. Been using them for physicals and immunizations. No complaints. I still have insurance through my job too.
    yup, I was in Panama from early 76 through July 77...

No banning here that I'm aware of...If so, I should have been banned long ago.

They can pull your password block you for something they don't like but somehow keep your account open. I reviewed correspondence from years ago still in there. I've been gaining points for Marine Corps birthdays though I've been inactive. . I've been kicked out of here several times over things that weren't really warranted for example disagreeing over a political view. I haven't posted in here for over 5 years or more. To answer your question.

Quote Originally Posted by Kegler300 View Post
    No banning here that I'm aware of...If so, I should have been banned long ago.
    Maybe not banning but rather block you from signing in. I call that kicked out. And like for a long time.

Feel free to post your thoughts and opinions...Just be respectful, which I learned after a couple of suspensions. I'm now a kinder, gentler old fart.

Banning has been going on since day one. If there was no banning we would have a site full of posers and overly disrespectful Marines. Some are trolls that come on only to cause trouble. Some think the sun rises and falls over them and cannot accept any type of ridicule. And then, there are those who are just plain ole azzholes who relish being a smart azz. Last, but not least, there are those who think they are never ever wrong about anything and get hostile when another disagrees with them. In other words they never accept any responsibility for their own actions....it's always someone else's fault.

A bunch of us were kicked off the site by rocky the poser who somehow was running the site back then.

From almost 6 years ago LOL... From Rocky C.

You have received an infraction at Marine Corps - USMC Community
    Dear 29palms,

You have received an infraction at Marine Corps - USMC Community.

Reason: Incomplete Profile
    -------
    4th time calling out a Squad Leader on an open forum.
    -------

This infraction is worth 5 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

All the best,
    Marine Corps - USMC Community

What did I call him out for? Was it about the National Defense Service Medal with no wartime dates of service? Ya, that's what I remember now.

I mean like holy Cheezez!! I better never use this web site for a job references, nor include my "grades" in here for future job prospects. Really? Keeping correspondence from 6 years back? Its like having my SRV records on file with who knows what? At least I could tweak what was in my file there. This is funny. And I got more crud in there. LOL

Or was it SRB? Service record book? Never mind.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC 2571 View Post

Billy and Russ, 9 times out of 10 the reason for banning is disrespect, as you mentioned.
    It seems to happen when someone begins to lash out,
    then they're asked to calm down,
    then it escalates from there. Very quickly.

As Billy said, though, the fault never lies with their behavior. Others are inevitably blamed.

The level of personal responsibility is zero.
    ANYBODY ain't never had office hours, isn't a real Marine....
    Freddys & Fuddruckers
    29palms, Today
    Today
    by 29palms
    0 24
    Free National Parks for Veterans

29palms, Today
    Today
    by 29palms
    0 27
    Cell phone best military plan
    29palms, Today
    Today
    by 29palms
    0 23
    Place looks dead

29palms, 12-11-21
    Trolls - Flooders - and posers ,
    and sometimes them that lack good
    sense.????????

I try skating faster when the ice gets
    thinnest ...............

ask yourself sometimes iffin you
    shouldn't start a thread that others
    can share-
    other than a mono-hog the page
    like you just did.....

Rocky (he said) had the National Defense Medal....during peace time service. He also stated he had 2 Meritorious Service Medals that he was awarded for his (Quote) under cover operations in Europe. He was 100% disabled (PTSD). And.....after his Heroic enlistment was up.....he was a Lance Corporal.

Thread Information