The start of meade river / 1968 - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I hear you 2 brother Fist, I liked the good looking one's as well, except for that one fat one I woke up with that morning. I had to get out of there because she wanted more of me. To this day I hope no one that I knew saw me going home with her from my favorite 3 4 1 bar.

Yup, we lived a life quite different than most, every day was a holiday and every meal was a feast. The Mean, Green, Killing Machine. It ain't been easy living our lives for men like us. No one can imagine the prices we've had to pay.

I'm bracing myself for Wednesday, the 1st of dec. that's when my gang 1st hit the hook, and the memories come flooding in all over again. I've always felt responsible 4 my young guys that depended on me, I was their squad leader. They all stood their ground, made me proud.

I think you're right about Marines like us not being around any more, just about all the Marines that I've known that were on the line like us are all gone now or sick real bad. Or maybe they're like me today, I'm more of a loner and stay 2 myself most of the time. I don't have a pup, but I do have my 2 Indians. Go easy brother. Just saying.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I can spare most that are reading these comments about the Deep KimChee that was from the 1st too the 8th...I won’t go into it cause it was Nasty...but after I got Shot using that Marines body as a SandBag...I woke Up in NSA Danang...I was Fuked UP...had so much Dope pumped into Me~~~I was in LaLa land...I feel a hand on my Forehead and whisper my name...Jack Jack,I could barely open my eyes...KD came too bring me my personal effects from my Fanny pack...He told Me the final KIA amount and Who they where...It was like He threw a Lead Suit all over Me from Head too Toe...from then on I was never the Same...I’m Good but like You,I’m a Lone Wolf...Still Walking Point all these Years later...Walk Tall Brother,Ride that Indian over 7mile bridge down to Key West during SunUp

A long time ago,late in the night. I posted a post that I felt like I was walking down this road alone. Up comes Doug, Captain Kirk. He said ,you are not walking alone. I always think of those words. Bill

I tried the Counseling shet also, after the County Sheriff recommended it. I was put in a nut-ward for 54 days. They said my mind was "Hostile". A young Female Psychologist who was ahead of her times, helped me alot. She had put 2 and 2 together before the Government ever recognized PTSD. Me and 5 other Veterans were under her wing. She talked with my wife, just like she talked with me. She said family members were victims also. Anyway, I used to have a reoccurring dream for many years. In the dream, it was almost dark and I was by myself. There was 11 gooks trying to get me. I start going up this hill to get away. The hill keeps getting steeper and steeper, until it's almost straight up. I look back and the gooks are right on my azz. I reach up and grab the ledge and start pulling myself up....that's when I would always wake up. I don't know why it was always 11 gooks or why it was always almost dark.....just saying...

Quote Originally Posted by billcpoulton View Post
    A long time ago,late in the night. I posted a post that I felt like I was walking down this road alone. Up comes Doug, Captain Kirk. He said ,you are not walking alone. I always think of those words. Bill
    Doug and I was in the Philly Naval Hospital at the same time.......

I have to ask. Where is Doug now? I hope I don't know the answer. Bill

Doug (Captain Kirk) was with us at Hue, he went in on the south of the Perfume with the 2/5, we went in on the north with the 1/5. They went into Hue around the 1st or so of Feb 68, we went in right before Valentines day. During the Hue City operation, which has very few counterparts in history, 2,500 Marines attacked a much larger force of well trained, deeply entrenched and well supplied enemy and when it was over we had killed 5,000 of the NVA. We made some history there together, be proud of Capt Kirk. That's where my gunny told me that it looked like the MC had found something I was good at.

We used to message each other but I haven't heard from him in some years now. By the way, to guys like us that's sometimes normal, sometimes we just need to work things out.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    The More I try forgetting about “The Chit” the Worse it got,Sometimes it’s Like My Noodle wants too EXPLODE when I’m around Ignorant Human Beings that put their Horsechit on My Plate~~~now these days,I take a Dose of the Best Medication I’ve got a Lifetime Script for~~~Steve Winwood “Can’t Find My Way Home” By the Time I was 19 with a Chest Full Of Bling,I had already become an Old Man...On a Life scale from 1-10,I was on 10...Now I’m gonna find myself again and hit and live those in between Numbers 2-9...I’ve Got a Good Woman,My New 10wk Old Pup and Steve Winwood Too Help Me Find My Way Home~~~~~~~~~

Let me tell you about Marine Grunts....While in the Philly Hospital, I was in a ward with Marines that had no legs, one leg and one arm. no arms, etc. I was laying in my rack right after bone graft surgery. I was still groggy and was smoking a cigg. Well, I fell asleep and the bed caught on fire. I was out of it and it didn't wake me up. Anyway, several Marines rolled out of their racks and pulled themselves over to my bed. They pulled me off and away from the bed. About then a couple of Corpsman came running in and put out the fire. Brothers till the end.....

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    You still Smoking Billy ?

Yeah Fist, we're all gonna die from something...Anyway, I just talked to Captain Kirk. He has had a lot of Heart problems, but has recovered somewhat. He will be showing up in a few days. It was good to hear him talk. Great Man and Great Marine.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Meanwhile...BB-62 fired 153 16” 1,900 LB High Capacity and 2,7000 LB armor piercing rounds into Meade River AO

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Injured India

As a 18yr Old Rifleman watching the Wild Weasels USAF dropping time delayed Iron Bombs from My Fighting hole,that was Pounding the NVA Command and Control Bunkers.I saw a bunch of Palm Trees musta been 50 of Em all neatly in Rows.But 1 in the middle didn’t have any foliage at all,I thought that was sorta Odd.Then word was passed down our line,too stay Put cause some real Big Chit had just left the Tube~~~then I hear this Chit sounded like a Freight Train shooting thru the Sky...Earth Shook then the Blast sound of BOOM came shortly after...I’m looking at the position We in Injured India are going too Destroy or Die trying too.I saw a Chunk Of Hot Steel like a oblong Razor blade the Sz Of a Car hood going Swoosh Swoosh Swoosh slicing those Palm Trees like they Chit in half,and Chunks Of Dirt UP into the Air like a Tornado had Hit...Too this Day that Display of Firepower and Destruction is burnt into My Mind BIG TIME 16” Naval Guns that I witnessed not on TV not from War Stories passed down But My YoungA$$ was there and Saw it with my own Two Eyes...BOOM Aye Aye Semper Fi

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I Fixed My Bayonet ! I Rode The Dragon~~~Go Easy Semper Fi

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I’ve thought and visualized that Surreal Crazy Chit every Sober day of My Life since Dec 1968...I’ll never Speak of it again,in this Lifetime !! The Rollingstones “Sympathy for The Devil” says it better than I ever could...Godspeed to You All,Semper Fi...I’m Gone~~~~~~~~~~

Thread Information