I was ELS (Medically discharged) during boot camp at MCRD San Diego
Create Post

I was ELS (Medically discharged) during boot camp at MCRD San Diego

I was ELS due to Illiobatial syndrome on my right leg. I shipped out April 2nd 2018 halfway my training during week 6 I was sent to MRP (medical rehabilitation platoon) got the therapy I needed to continue training. Eventually after a month I was put back into training 3 days afterwards I had an appointment with the corpsmen to check up on my leg. Asked if I was having any pain and I told them no, just feeling soreness and tight calves, but that I continued to foam rolled and stretched during square time. He ELS me after that. Got sent home on July 12th. I was told I was able to return with a waiver, but needed to wait 6 months before trying.
    I spoke with my old recruiter but he didn’t seem like interested in helping me so I went next door to a navy recruiter. They’ve been doing all the paperwork for my re-enlistment. I was granted 2 waivers for my past injury and shin splints. I’ve been waiting on the last waiver which is for my re-enlistment code, RE-3P. It’s been 4 weeks since I’ve heard anything. My question is, if I’m granted the final waiver, is it possible to return to the marines? This might sound nuts but I miss boot camp.. people might say it sucks but it was fun and I was actually going through it which has always been my dream.
    If anyone could give me some feedback about my situation I’d really appreciate it..