Ways To Prepare
Create Post

Thread: Ways To Prepare

Ways To Prepare

Hello, I am 15 and I have been wanting to become a marine since I was 8. I am hoping I will be a grunt but that isn’t totally up to me. I am getting low on time to prepare. I was wondering if you guys had good ways to prepare. Mentally and physically. I am trying to graduate early and join at 17.

Similar Threads:

Credits
    Savings
    Mind Body & Spirit.........and remember it won't always be like boot camp

keep your nose clean, stay out of trouble, don't even be close to being in dutch with the cops, push-ups, stomach crunches, pull-ups, stretching exercises, and running, get your 3 mile run time to as low as you can, and when you think it's good, try to make it even lower.
    good luck

Gkmoz Thank you sir! Do you have any information on how to prepare for boot camp?

Irpat54 Thank you sir! I really appreciate it!

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by irpat54 View Post
    keep your nose clean, stay out of trouble, don't even be close to being in dutch with the cops, push-ups, stomach crunches, pull-ups, stretching exercises, and running, get your 3 mile run time to as low as you can, and when you think it's good, try to make it even lower.
    good luck

I think Pat pretty much covered it? Best time of my life was earning that title !
    I am STILL a Marine and will always be....that's part of it young man

Gkmoz Thank you so much sir!

Youtube is your friend. There are tons of videos on how to prepare for USMC bootcamp.

Just run run run and do sprints. I focused on calisthenics so mostly just body weight exercises like pull ups squats etc. hike with some weight too for a few miles a week. Don’t overtrain

If you’re looking to go infantry practice hiking, I’m here at ITB for 2 months and we take everything with us. Just get used to pain and embrace the suck.

Thread Information