Hurricane Florence
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

Hurricane Florence

It looks to me that Camp Lejuene is in the bullseye for Hurricane Florence, assuming the predicted track remains the same.

I also see that MCRDPI is saying it will mostly be business as usual with a few exceptions. They're cancelling all family day activities this week and advising families of graduating recruits not to travel to the ceremony in case the hurricane does something unexpected. They may be graduating that company a day or two early as well.

I hope Kegler does OK since he's essentially in the bullseye too. 10 miles inland is better than on the coast, but not by much when it comes to a Cat 4. Being well inland can save you from storm surge, but not wind or freshwater flooding due to rain.

In 2004, Hurricane Charlie came through Orlando, southwest to northeast, as about a strong Cat 2 and beat the place up pretty bad. I didn't live in Orlando then, I was further north and still got smacked around by Charlie.

Similar Threads:

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I take it back. They are evacuating MCRDPI effective today with recruits going to MCLB Albany, GA.

Evacuating PI? Back in September of 68 we were out in the bush for all of Typhoon Bess. What a miserable time that was. I caught emersion foot and was later sent back to An Hoa as I couldn't walk for awhile. Talk about sleeping in a mud hole, and talk about trying to smoke. We kind of had a truce there for a short time. Ohhhhhhh, the memories.

For those that are in the area that this monstrous storm is headed for get out now while you can, I was in hurricane Harvy last year my house was damaged it has a tarp on the roof to keep the water out we are in the proccess of getting a new house a year later. God bless everyone and stay safe. Semper Fi.

Quote Originally Posted by advanced View Post
    Evacuating PI? Back in September of 68 we were out in the bush for all of Typhoon Bess. What a miserable time that was. I caught emersion foot and was later sent back to An Hoa as I couldn't walk for awhile. Talk about sleeping in a mud hole, and talk about trying to smoke. We kind of had a truce there for a short time. Ohhhhhhh, the memories.
    Russ, that was a great memory.....had to shet can my boots, because my feet grew fins. Smoking was a choking event. Trying to smoke under your poncho while squatting down in the mud.

Been through several hurricanes here over the past 30 years … This one is the worst. Boarded up my windows and deck, hopefully not in futility.

Expect to lose power Friday and be without power for about a week, but I am a prepper and have plenty food, water, and a generator.

Super Moderator Platinum Member USMC 2571's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Stay safe, Keg!

Prayers to you Key, stay safe.

God Bless and stay safe to all on the east coast ....

Sure am glad I live in Florida and not up north with all those hurricanes.

Quote Originally Posted by advanced View Post
    Sure am glad I live in Florida and not up north with all those hurricanes.
    rrriiiigggghhhhhttttttt........ LMAO.... yeah, me too, none of those pesky storms to worry about here in southeast Louisiana.......

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Hope Kegler is doing OK. Haven't heard from him, but that's to be expected I guess. His area got pounded and rained on big time.

Rode out the hurricane without any damage to the house. Lost some fruit trees and have a lot of clean up to do. Several homes around me with major damage with fallen pine trees. Lost power here for three days and just got internet connectivity this evening. No flood threat here.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Glad to hear from you Kegler. A lot of bad news coming out of your area and your's is a spot of good. Glad you came through OK.

Super Moderator Platinum Member USMC 2571's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Very glad to hear you're okay. Could have been much worse.

Thread Information