Officer Experiences
Create Post

Officer Experiences

Hey, I'm currently in college right now and I'm really considering joining the Marine Corps and going to OCS when I graduate. I've done a good bit of research on OCS and women in the Marines in general but I was wondering if anyone here could tell me what kind of experiences they've had? I have a friend who was enlisted and she talks a lot about how she didn't like it because she had a very sexist experience, and I understand how everybody has different experiences and also that being enlisted isn't the same as being an officer but I was wondering if anybody here could share their experiences? What it was like applying, going through OCS, what your MOS is, TBS, deploying, etc.

Similar Threads:

Sexism in a 92% male-dominated organization? Tell me it ain't so. As a female officer, you would still be leading those sexist enlisted Marines - meaning, you would still be exposed to it to some degree.

Being a college student, you should have access to an Officer Selection Officer (OSO). If your OSO is not a female, maybe they can put you in contact with one. Worth a try anyway. The local recruiting station will have your OSO's contact info.

Good luck.

Same here....Good Luck.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Yes Ma’am eVery USMC WM I saw that was a Officer made my heart flutter, they where Smart and dam good looking

Last edited by Mongoose; 02-03-18 at 07:06 AM.

^^^you just scared her away

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    92% Errrrr Semper Fi

Thread Information