Re: F3 Wanting to Earn the Title
Create Post

Re: F3 Wanting to Earn the Title

On TD:36 I was dropped and moved to the medical platoon after I fractured my pelvic bone on our last hike before the crucible. After a month I was told multiple times my injury would take too long to heal and I’d be discharged. I developed depression, as I sat not bowing that the hell was happening to me I just wanted to become a Marine. Fast forward, recruit sick call thinks I have breath cancer and I had my first ever anxiety attack. I was sent to all kinds of hospitals for tests and ultrasounds then I got sent to MHU for freaking out. My dumb ass told them I had been struggling with depression from how upset I’d been. The week after I was cleared of crutches they sent me home. Now they it was been months, I am ready to re enlist and earn my title, but I’m not only scared to tell my recruiter about my depression I had got while in med hold, but if I can even re enlist after all that bull****

Similar Threads:

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    You might as well tell the recruiter. He'll easily find out all about it when he checks you in the system. Plus, you probably have a reenlistment code of 3P, which requires a HQMC level waiver.

I'm guessing you didn't actually have breast cancer (or the dreaded breath cancer), which is a good thing for several reasons.

The only way you are going to find the answers to your questions about re-upping is to go see a recruiter, bring your documents, and have a discussion with him/her.

Good luck.

Hopefully if the circumstances are as you describe you'll be all set. Depression under those circumstances is totally understandable -- hopefully the medical powers that be see it that way too. Good luck

Mike

Understand your apprehension but you won't know till you try.

Good luck.

@Jungmeyer

I can only imagine what you have been through with the challenges that you faced. I agree with Zulu and Tennessee Top that you won't know unless you try. If by your best efforts you can't get another chance to earn the title, don't that "closed door" define you. Things happened that were out of your control and you did the best you could. So I would recommend having a plan if things don't go your way. I know that is easier said than done because you want this to happen. You can still be great and do great things outside the military.

Best of luck!

I thank you all for your imput and it is much appreciated. I have made contact with one of my Drill Instructors, the one who loved me (IT’d) me the most, and working on a statement that I can undergo the stressors of the Marine Corps lifestyle. I am hoping this will help me back to 4th battalion. Your help has been much appreciated.

Obviously goes without saying -- but you broke for a reason so meeting with a physical therapist/athletic trainer to harden yourself against that specific type of injury prior to returning would probably be a good idea. Perhaps finding a healthy way hike with a pack (a proper pack properly set up of course) in the interim once or twice a week would be helpful. Even the folks at REI should be able to help you get a good hiking pack sized for you, and help teach you how to load it properly. I'd find a female employee who does a lot of hiking, has done the AT, etc.

Mike

Thread Information