Who pretends to be a Marine?!? - Page 2
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    He sure as Hell picked the right boys too envy lol

About 5 years ago I was at a bike rally and the wife and I were walking down the sidewalk, boo koo bikers around. 4 guys were sitting at a table and one yelled S/F at me so I walked over and shook his hand and asked who he had been with in the Nam as he had many MC patches on his vest. I then get the deer in the headlights look and after stuttering a bit he says he can't remember. I leaned over and quietly said, loud enough for his buddies to hear, you may forget your mothers name but a Marine will never forget who he was with. Looking him in the eye I said fvcking poser and walked away. He was trying to use me for credibility of all things.

I’m glad you handled it! A pathetic person. I can tell you there has never. Even a time, in 4 years, that he and I passed by someone that was wearing or Marine paraphernalia that my BF didn’t shout “semper Fi” to. When the person responded “semper Fi” my bf would day “tank you for your service”. I always thought his response was strange. But, maybe that’s how it’s done...why would he be thanking another Marine? Well, that “Semper Fi” over the weekend was the one that’s started all of this!! The old Marine in the Resturant had time to ask more questions. Does one Marine typically thank another for his service?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Usually, if a Marine bumps into another Marine who is a combat vet, we say "Welcome home." Vietnam vets are especially likely to say that.

Credits
    Savings
    MAJOR RED SMOKE !
    As stated
    The genuine ones don't talk without pressure from another who has been there

Prepare for a long term figuring out every time he speaks if its the truth

We have a member here that was in that group of Marines that your boyfriend dreams about. He is out of town right now, but could find out for you if your friend was ever in a SOG unit. I will call him tonight for you. P.M. me his name and anything else he said about his unit and when he was in the Corps.

By the way.....his name isn't Rocky, is it???

I totally agree with you. I’ve already decided that I need to just move on. I’m not sure I can pretend I don’t know anything until I get confirmation from the POWNETWORK who has requested records on my behalf (after having no record of a Marine by his name in their data base). I’ve also requested verification from a government database. Regardless, I would always be wondering if anything he said was true. He’s always said he was stationed at “Foster”. However, I snooped all through his house today and could find NO evidence of anything military other than some desert fatigues in the back of a closet with no identifiers, no photos, correspondence, nametags or medals....slowly I am coming to grips with what’s probably the truth. Just shell shocked.

I am. BUT, on the phone. Not in person. Not going to Out Him him to others either. I’m actually a little freaked out by his behavior. He’s an extremely skillful liar.

Credits
    Savings
    Today, 08:22 AM #7

PatrioticNurse1
    I am beyond thankful that I wasn’t victimized
    in some worse way than the lies.

He was in 2 plane crashes and survived,

imprisioned in Mexico as a “plant” to find out insider info,
    (I know you’re dying laughing right now-at me-for being so trusting),

shot twice with no scars,

called “back up” last month for a special mission
    (carried a AK47 in car for several days while awaiting “the call”....

oh my gosh!!!
    I’m a college educated nurse
    who wouldn’t have believed this unless it was happening to me.

I’ve requested records or info from the Marines,
    but may never know since we weren’t married!
    .................................................. ...........
    .................................................. ...........

Go with your feelings-
    you know he's lying-
    we know he's lying just
    by what you're repeating
    second hand from him.....

Dollar to a donut ,
    any of us here would have
    played the Bull$hit card on him

Do yourself a favor
    HE won't get any better-
    realize that now -
    you wont cure him either...

There's something missing within him,
    he's never going to be enough for himself-
    and doubtful he'll ever be enough for you ...

Move up in life -
    find a man with out the bull$hit,
    and good luck young lady.
    we all wish you the best.

There's something missing within him,
    he's never going to be enough for himself-
    and doubtful he'll ever be enough for you”. A truer statement has never been made. I’d hate to think I just threw away a great relationship without trying to disprove his stories and claims. I wish I could prove he was really a Marine. Sure would be a lot less painful than thinking the last 4 years was all a sham. Trust is a horrible thing to lose. After trust is gone, what is there?

I bet he was in the 4th battalion at PI,lmfao, Semper Fidelis.

I will definitely ask him the code name for his unit! Thanks!

Update!! I acted like I was caring for a previous Marine in the ICU tonight and asked my BF, on the phone, which Batallion he was in at Parris Island. He hesitated and asked me why. I said because my patient thinks he may know you. BF said he couldn’t remember because he had actually gone through ALL the bootcamps so that he was cross trained!!!! Well, I never saw that coming! I’m speechless. BUT WAIT-perhaps he’s an overachiever?

nope,nope and nope.three things most Marines dont forget.their platoon number,drill instructors names and mos.if memory serves me right,once you complete Marine Corps boot camp ,you dont have to do the other branches if you decide to enlist with them

Thread Information