MCT Graduation worth going?
Create Post
    Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

MCT Graduation worth going?

My son is at Camp Geiger for MCT then he is possibly off to California for MOS. It is very expensive to get to North Carolina. Is the money and trip worth it. Not putting a value on my son but I also have bills, mortgage and other kids to feed at home. Not to mention missing work with no pay.

Similar Threads:

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Yessir your F**King A its worth it I know from 2 Angles humping on that grinder on graduation walking tall but I was very Lucky My PaPa & Mom where up in the stands at PI it only happens once Godspeed too Yah Aye Aye Semper Fi

Credits
    Savings
    I did attend the 3 day event at Paris Island and that was amazing. I am referring to the ceremony after 29 days of MCT.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    It's been awhile for me You mean like ITR during my time uP at Camp Geiger if I could I'd do it

The answer to the question is generally no. It's probably not worth a big expense. At least this is true for SOI West and I assume SOI East is the same. The ceremony is short and the graduates typically have an extremely short time (a matter of hours) before they are shipped off to wherever they are going.

I agree with AlaskaChris, graduating Infantry training isn't a big deal..

MOS training isn't either..

Recruit Training or Boot Camp is the BIG thing....

Followed by Personal awards for some things and certain promotions...

Good Luck..

On another note: If you ever get a chance to see the Marine Corps Drum & Bugle Corps and the Marine Corps Silent Drill Team, be sure you go and see them perform. I have witnessed them many times at MCRD, San Diego and it is something you will never forget.

Credits
    Savings
    Thank you all for the information. I am new to the whole Military family. I am a very proud American and for me to have a child join the Marines to help fight to continue our freedom, defend the USA and others is such an honor. I could not be more proud of him and all that have and will do so.

Super Moderator Platinum Member USMC 2571's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    I remember very well our graduation from Parris Island, but have no clear recollection of graduation from ITR, Advanced Infantry Training, at Camp Geiger, which was 6 weeks when I was in------it is not, in my opinion, worth even a short trip, is over with before you know it, with little or no fanfare compared to a boot camp graduation. The MOS school I went to had a graduation, but that too, as others have said here, was very very low key. A photo was taken of us in the group, and that was it. U.S. Naval Communications Training Center, Pensacola, Florida. So, the boot camp graduation is about the only ceremony that is memorable.

Thread Information