Should I remove my shooting badge from my Deltas
Create Post

Should I remove my shooting badge from my Deltas

So I am attending my little brothers football game tonight while I am home here on my 10 day boot leave. Now I know the Deltas should only have the ribbon with no shooting badge but we put it on for graduation. I feel like I should remove the shooting badge before wearing it to his game tonight. But I remember Drill Instructors saying if we want to wear our Deltas with our Badges on the 10 day boot leave it should be okay. Not sure which I want to do but what do you guys think? Remove the shooting badge and move the ribbon back down or would it be OK / acceptable to wear the shooting badge on 10 Day leave like the Drill Instructors said?

Similar Threads:

What are deltas?

Quote Originally Posted by advanced View Post
    What are deltas?
    Apologies I did not clarify, on mobile.

I am talking about my Dress Blue Deltas.

Dress Blues Delta are short sleeve and Dress Blues Alphas, ribbons and badges are authorized...

Thanks FO, I never was around anyone during my time that wore the blues except for our 1 in the platoon. All he had was the gee dunk ribbons.

Leave the shooting badge off.

Dress Blue deltas is pretty much the uniform of the day for recruiters in the summer time. They very rarely (if ever) wear a shooting badge.

It's basically at the option of the individual wearer TT...

You don't want to scare any snowflakes at that game by displaying a shooting badge ...

Congratulation , and enjoy Your leave...

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Top View Post
    Leave the shooting badge off.

Dress Blue deltas is pretty much the uniform of the day for recruiters in the summer time. They very rarely (if ever) wear a shooting badge.
    Thank you very much, I did not wear the shooting badge but now I have a further question just for further knowledge.

When it comes to the Badges with the Dress Blue Deltas would that be a Units decision mostly if the badges are worn with them? It seems to me like even the Drill Instructors said it can depend on yourself or the unit. Would that be correct?

It's at the discretion of the Unit when they set the Uniform requirements for certain functions...

You will find later down the road when a Command sets the Uniform of the Day for certain activities, this will be known as the "POD" Plan of the Day...

Quote Originally Posted by FoxtrotOscar View Post
    It's at the discretion of the Unit when they set the Uniform requirements for certain functions...

You will find later down the road when a Command sets the Uniform of the Day for certain activities, this will be known as the "POD" Plan of the Day...
    Awesome, thank you very much. Sorry for the new guy questions but I'm glad I know now!

Thread Information