failing IST can i still join?
Create Post

failing IST can i still join?

over the course of a year I've been a DEP and I've sunk in months of physical training from basic circles of death to marsoc short cards and all my life I've been the generic do nothing gamer until i finally graduated school and went on a full turn around. despite having total garbage upper body strength for pull ups I've been passable by push ups and my crunches are solid but i fear im going to fail my entry IST based on my run time. despite all my efforts on running day to day i can't get my speed up but i can endure longer distances i have no idea based on various sources of information what the outcome of failing are if my career opportunity is completely shot. from reading around the web i found that the possibility of trying again is mentioned due to being signed on a active duty contract and not reserves that i might be able to try and enlist again but i won't be able to pick a mos and im fine with that having gotten motor T without choice but that information was years old and i don't know what the standards are now for failure. my sergeant told me it's over if i fail and i won't be able to get into the core what's the answer to this situation im in?

Similar Threads:

why can't U get your speed up, are you taking small steps when you run? if so take larger steps, by doing that you won't be running faster but your time will get better because you will be taking up more real estate as you run,

Quote Originally Posted by irpat54 View Post
    why can't U get your speed up, are you taking small steps when you run? if so take larger steps, by doing that you won't be running faster but your time will get better because you will be taking up more real estate as you run,
    yes i have been told to make wider strides but im worried of what is to come of my failure i don't know what the results of not passing are if i have no chance with the core.

the rules have changed a lot since I was in, but it would seem very unlikely that they would DQ you for 1 fail, but if it's the second fail, that's another story, if that happens they may decide that you're an undesirable, they may feel you're not putting enough effort or desire to work to be a Marine.
    is this your first one, have you already run it? or is it still coming up?

also FYI it's the Marine Corps, not Marine core... just FYI

Quote Originally Posted by irpat54 View Post
    the rules have changed a lot since I was in, but it would seem very unlikely that they would DQ you for 1 fail, but if it's the second fail, that's another story, if that happens they may decide that you're an undesirable, they may feel you're not putting enough effort or desire to work to be a Marine.
    is this your first one, have you already run it? or is it still coming up?

also FYI it's the Marine Corps, not Marine core... just FYI
    yes it would only be my first time having reached my dep program limit. my entry ist is this saturday, thanks for the heads up on the possibility of a second chance knowing this im gonna take advantage of every second to pt, i can only hope they still do that.

Thread Information