Females in Infantry?? - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    ahahha i wrestled for 4 years and yes i have been forced in to shower/use the same bathrooms with the guys because the other teams took the girls locker rooms. like coach always told me, sharing is caring! i never got sexually or verbally harassed, i personally just took it as them picking on me like they were my brothers. with dad as a retired Marine of 20 years, i kinda learned to grow a thick layer of skin and laugh at what the guys say to me. honestly, story of my life

Last edited by FoxtrotOscar; 07-07-17 at 08:25 PM. Reason: Capitalize the "M" in Marine...

Quote Originally Posted by FoxtrotOscar;1022314[SIZE=3

Not to mention the "HYGIENE" field issues.... [/SIZE]
    No different hygiene field issues for females than males .............. there is medication for everything.

Thanks Dan....good point.

Throwing more "MEDS" into the fray as a solution is not a real solution, just another chemical for issues down the road....!!!

Just say no to females in the infantry.

Quote Originally Posted by FoxtrotOscar View Post
    Throwing more "MEDS" into the fray as a solution is not a real solution, just another chemical for issues down the road....!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kegler300 View Post
    Just say no to females in the infantry.
    Agree 100% here.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    When I was in the Air National Guard, I was in a Security Police unit that specialized in air base defense. Essentially we were a light infantry unit that also did military police work on the side.

We had a gal in our law enforcement squad who was in superb physical condition. She was a PT nut. She also worked as a corrections officer at the county jail. She was a really nice person and a tough nut. I'd stand back to back with her in a fight.

If we were in the field with just regular fighting kit on, Donna could go all day, But when we trained with body armor, rucksacks, etc, she was done after a day. As much as she tried, she hit the wall and that was it.

We ended up putting her in the CP as the field phone and radio operator. She excelled at that as she was calm in an emergency, had initiative, and could multi-task, but we did miss her in field as she was also calm, cool, and collected there. In a defensive position, Donna would do very well, but not if she had to tote the full load out.

Essentially, I am saying that even with a female who kept herself in great shape and had all the desire in the world, infantry work is too much physically for them. It breaks men down, it will only be worse for females. My back and knees are daily reminders of those days (with police work thrown in).

Super Moderator Platinum Member USMC 2571's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Billy had a good point, and Chris does here, too----I can see both sides. But in fifty years no one will care, as transgenderism will probably be mandatory. That way both sexes, same person, can give this a try.

You all seem to be missing the main point of mixing women in the infantry. I can imagine that the women that would be drawn to the infantry would be very aggressive, just won't quit types, and won't take NO for an answer. And that refusal to take no for an answer is the main problem of mixing such women with men in such close quarters.

Like I have personally experienced time and time again in the past I can just imagine these aggressive women coming on to young Marines, who by the way are attempting to do the right thing. Because of their aggression these women just won't accept no for an answer as they become sexual predators taking advantage of helpless young Marines over and over again like they took advantage of me for years.

I know I was taken advantage of more than once by aggressive women and till it happens to you it's easy to say it could never happen. I can just see it happening over and over again by different women who will just pass you along to each other as if you were a toy. I'm not proud of how I was abused over and over again by strong willed women, but now you know my deepest fears regarding women in the infantry.

Super Moderator Platinum Member USMC 2571's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Russ, that's a shame that you were abused like that, and probably never complained about it til now. You have my deepest sympathies, brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulu 36 View Post
    When I was in the Air National Guard, I was in a Security Police unit that specialized in air base defense. Essentially we were a light infantry unit that also did military police work on the side.

We had a gal in our law enforcement squad who was in superb physical condition. She was a PT nut. She also worked as a corrections officer at the county jail. She was a really nice person and a tough nut. I'd stand back to back with her in a fight.

If we were in the field with just regular fighting kit on, Donna could go all day, But when we trained with body armor, rucksacks, etc, she was done after a day. As much as she tried, she hit the wall and that was it.

We ended up putting her in the CP as the field phone and radio operator. She excelled at that as she was calm in an emergency, had initiative, and could multi-task, but we did miss her in field as she was also calm, cool, and collected there. In a defensive position, Donna would do very well, but not if she had to tote the full load out.

Essentially, I am saying that even with a female who kept herself in great shape and had all the desire in the world, infantry work is too much physically for them. It breaks men down, it will only be worse for females. My back and knees are daily reminders of those days (with police work thrown in).
    Chris, here's the kicker, brother......we are talking about a war situation. I never, nor did any Marine I knew, ever carried anything other than the bare essentials. Water and ammo. In a combat situation the more weight you carry, the bigger the target and it's a waste of energy. Never happens in a combat situation.

Quote Originally Posted by advanced View Post
    You all seem to be missing the main point of mixing women in the infantry. I can imagine that the women that would be drawn to the infantry would be very aggressive, just won't quit types, and won't take NO for an answer. And that refusal to take no for an answer is the main problem of mixing such women with men in such close quarters.

Like I have personally experienced time and time again in the past I can just imagine these aggressive women coming on to young Marines, who by the way are attempting to do the right thing. Because of their aggression these women just won't accept no for an answer as they become sexual predators taking advantage of helpless young Marines over and over again like they took advantage of me for years.

I know I was taken advantage of more than once by aggressive women and till it happens to you it's easy to say it could never happen. I can just see it happening over and over again by different women who will just pass you along to each other as if you were a toy. I'm not proud of how I was abused over and over again by strong willed women, but now you know my deepest fears regarding women in the infantry.
    Russ, I know what you mean brother.....however, I learned how to talk my way out of being raped by those aggressive type women. I would just tell them I had the Claps. Worked every time but once. She answered that it didn't make any difference, because she had it also.

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    There are different rules now. According to Bing West, CAP Marine who has been in the State Dept for years, there is a reason why we see so many amputations and fewer wounds from gunshots and shrapnel. All Marines in the field are required to wear all their protective gear-all 80 pounds of it. If they are wounded because of failure to wear it they can be written up. As a kicker, everybody above them can also be written up.

Quote Originally Posted by FoxtrotOscar View Post
    Mike, there is no reason for a solution......if the Government decides this is the way it will be, then we suck it up and make the best of it. The Government does not have a suggestion box, brother.

Thread Information