Marriage before or after joining The Marines
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Wink Marriage before or after joining The Marines

Hello Marines,

I'm thinking of enlisting in The Marine Corps however, I was wondering what would be more beneficial, getting married before or after recruit training? My girlfriend and I have already spoken about this and are set on marriage but would like to know if where ever I get stationed, is she able to move with me? And how does the process work? Also do I how does the housing benefits work if we're married, would I have to be a certain rank to qualify for that?

I would really appreciate any advice thank you in advance!

Similar Threads:

Credits
    Savings
    for the UmpTeenth time in here-

GOOGLE is your friend...........
    Play with searching rather than your penis,

maybe even if she and her family help you.....

Credits
    Savings
    Lol there's always gotta be some douche. What's the point of this site? Google doesn't have the right answers that's why I'm interested in asking an actual Marine

Quote Originally Posted by cb1991 View Post
    Hello Marines,

I'm thinking of enlisting in The Marine Corps however, I was wondering what would be more beneficial, getting married before or after recruit training? My girlfriend and I have already spoken about this and are set on marriage but would like to know if where ever I get stationed, is she able to move with me? And how does the process work? Also do I how does the housing benefits work if we're married, would I have to be a certain rank to qualify for that?

I would really appreciate any advice thank you in advance!
    Look Don't rush in and get Married.. Join and stay in and have her come to live with you for a while just so to see if your able to be together if you make it living together then get married but only after your both live together at least Six month.. you Have Boot Camp then school and maybe sent overseas first thing..
    Where ever you make it to your first real duty station then send for her..and then see if your able to live together for six month without killing each other OK..

Credits
    Savings

Lol there's always gotta be some "douche".

What's the point of this site?

Google doesn't have the right answers
    that's why I'm interested in asking
    an actual Marine
    more along the lines of a search of the site
    here

SWEETPEA -

you're still just as ignorant now
    as you were before you tried to show off your

" intelligence "
    Besides - I've been a US Marine
    and doubtful you will ever be.

And remember, when you ship overseas guys like me used to patrol the base housing in my patrol truck keeping all the ladies happy so they could go on. I'm not very proud sometimes of myself back then, but, I had needs.

cb1991, don't let these old feeble Marines get to you. They have one foot in the grave and get confused when they see someone that resembles what they used to be. Anyway, get married as soon as possible. The Corps has a great program for married boots. You and your wife will be able to live off base, or on base, whatever you desire, while in boot-camp and following training. Or you can live in the New-be Apartment complex right next to the barracks. You will get every weekend off with base liberty. During the training week, you will be able to go home for lunch and possibly a nooner. The Corps is family oriented and will do what it can to make you and your spouse happy. It is always a plus to have your DI's over for dinner a few times during boot-camp. Anyway, cb1991, don't take these old Marines here seriously. If you need anymore info PM me. Good luck

Credits
    Savings
    Thank you Marine1955 for your honest opinion. I'll take that into consideration.

Credits
    Savings
    Besides - I've been a US Marine
    and doubtful you will ever be.[/QUOTE]

Thank you "private" lol

You may have earned the title, I'll give you that. However, that does not change the fact that you're a douchebag. This post was intended for answers not mockery.

Credits
    Savings
    Thanks mongoose! I'll definitely submit an application to receive all those awesome benefits you just mentioned. You should be a recruiter! Someone give this man a cookie.

Thanks mongoose! I'll definitely submit an application to receive all those awesome benefits you just mentioned. You should be a recruiter! Someone give this man a cookie.
    of course Mongoose is pulling your leg, You can't live off base while in Boot Camp and your Girlfriend can't be with you while your in boot,
    but being married in the Corps is not the easiest thing, it take a special person to be the spouse of a Marine, the needs of the Corps always come first and foremost, your spouse, should you get married, needs to understand that to the fullest, it has to be cristal clear
    during and quite possibly after Recruit Training you will NOT have base housing and you liberty time will be limited. a lot of marriages end up in divorce for adultery and other things.

it can be the best of times or a short miserable time, my late first wife and I were both Marines and it worked out great, and I know a lot of other married Marines that worked out fantastic, but then there are those that it doesn't work out at all.

hope this helps, best of luck to you.

Credits
    Savings
    Thank you irpat54 for your advice and I will take that into consideration as well!
    I understand and don't expect being married while in the Marines to be easy. I like answers like this because it's more of what I need to hear, rather than what I want to hear. Thanks again.

Thank you irpat54 for your advice and I will take that into consideration as well!
    I understand and don't expect being married while in the Marines to be easy. I like answers like this because it's more of what I need to hear, rather than what I want to hear. Thanks again.
    You're welcome, but just remember if you do get married, if your spouse can take the long periods of being apart, sometimes, and you both can remain true with all the pressure out there not to be, a life in the Corps can be very enjoyable, and you and Her can see a lot of new territory in the states, and sometimes abroad.

Thank you Marine1955 for your honest opinion. I'll take that into consideration.
    Now just remember Being a Marines wife isn't easy, you have a bad day never take it out on her.. Once you leave work leave work there and don't take it home..

Happy Wife Happy Life..

irpat54 very good information you gave Wish I had said it first ...

Thread Information