Is it okay to leave brief trial ADHD medications off record for MEPS?
Create Post

Is it okay to leave brief trial ADHD medications off record for MEPS?

I am 20. I was given medication for ADHD as an adult when I was not doing well at college. I had a single prescription last fall and another brief prescription in January. My recruiter advised me to forget that I ever took them and leave it off my record. Is it wise or safe to do this? Will MEPS refuse to let me through if i choose to be honest with them about it? Also, will i be guaranteed a waiver at least? Please help. I realize many Marines have left off ADHD or other similar meds off their record and had full careers. However, I do not want it to haunt me or land me a dishonorable discharge down the road. Thank you for taking the time to answer!

Similar Threads:

It is not OK from a policy standpoint. It is in fact fraudulent enlistment and perjury to conceal your use of these medications. All your concerns about a worst case scenario are not technically unfounded. Its also true from a factual standpoint that theyd likely never know, and many people are dishonest to MEPS and in cases like yours it rarely comes to the surface. I dont think it would be difficult to get a waiver, everyone and their mother has been on ADD meds. That said there is no guarantee of a waiver.

Nobody here is going to tell you lying to MEPS is no big deal.

Mike

Mike

Thank you. I have decided not to lie and to be honest. My recruiter suggested I gather medical records and a statement from my doctor to submit to the recruiting headquarters. Fingers crossed that they let me in.

best of luck to you, keep us posted on this same thread..

You made the right decision.

Good luck

Thread Information