Back in the late 80's I started to become more and more aware of the high number of veterans in my family. But it wasn't my family that I spent the majority of my time with, except for my Mother a (WWI Vet), Father a WWII Vet, and a Brother who was in Cambodia then Vietnam. After May 1970 The term Veteran was a well known secret. There was no questioning Vietnam Veterans attitudes when wondering what the subject was at times. From that point on I have grown spiritually.
My 50+ generation was pretty much smack dab stuck in a time frame between wars. We were members of the peacetime yet placed in a combat zone. At that time Ronald Reagan was president. There was a recession going on, Russia was in Afghanistan, the Iran Iraq war was raging, and a Contra Affair up in the defense dept. Times were tough, and right around that time-frame (1985) a grass roots campaign to help Vietnam Veterans get whats due to them started. One place was in Niagara Falls. With only two places in the nation, (where Vietnam Vets could go to shoot the **** besides getting tossed in the hospital,) "it was a long time coming," At first the goal was help Vietnam Veterans primarily, with the whole nation knowing that something wasn't right about our vets after returning home.
Vietnam Veterans were very good at recognizing anybody who served, even more-so if they knew you. I was very fortunate to be able be accepted into their midst even though I was 15 years younger. I learned a great deal about Vietnam Veterans and the experience also helped me in many ways cope with my own thoughts and help me create definite answers to serious questions. My Mother, Father, and 4 Brothers served in the Armed Forces. It was a Crazy bunch of Smiley Face **** happens back then. Yeah! Even back then, without hidden online punk freaks, and now after another couple wars & a baby brother (me), SCREWEWD by RIPOFFS! Any idiot fukwad on earth can **** on us Veterans! My biggest lasting memory of the facts back then are "Post war casualties" the rate was very high and the Staff was dead serious about doing something about it. When I look back to the beginning, then look at the support that all veterans can get today, then I can really see how lucky I am to have met real people who made real changes to help others. Again I will share my thank yous.

For an individual: Publicly sharing on social media has evolved from an object of curiosity from the start. To a subject of inner courage that is better to quell, and not share in public. Rather than risk the emotional roller coaster, which is more politically grouped in nature, the new guys possible good results diminish as the experience grows.
Starting a post with all good intentions, and striving for success at communicating in written text with complete strangers online, is just half of it.
Immersed in any group is guaranteed to hold the most shocking surprises to an inquiring individual. Long before the individual reaching the intended contact. In all groups of friends the groups menacing tolerated professional consumes the private intentions needed to reach old acquaintances. Without privacy the desire diminishes to a mere question, on top a tip of an iceberg of downtrodden publicly exposed comments, with potentially 1.55 billion users able to look up and see.

("Subnote") It would be utterly ridiculous to deny thinking that hostile intelligence isn't actively involved in public social media groups. Especially veterans groups. Public or closed. Also: Hard to believe that your better off going to the VA.

This is what all successful, and responsible people already know. Compare the social media page of middle class working responsible adults. At the least their family, and loved ones are those that they, the majority of successful people unconditionally strive to create. Not only for them but for all those around them.
After being warned about what you put online as long as 8 years ago, and assuming that public webpages and social posts would be more and more publicly scrutinized. The warning was taken as a possible threat to personal security and immediately understood. The reality of it all is only common sense. Finding and keeping a good job is vital for a good life.
An example of the irresponsible acts of others online is heartbreaking. Digging out from underneath a bad deck is probably the worst for some unfortunates. Especially if there are some really high cards in that deck! If there is no way to beat, (for instance), an anonymous moronic hate mob that can effortlessly remain hidden, with nothing to lose that has serious "gimmick", and "getup" issues, targeting people.
Well then that wouldn’t be very successful being targeted by them. My apologies. Tough to be me, but rather than plead mercy to the public it’s better to educate yourself. Good luck
In closing: when using the term "giving the dog a bone" it has always been a chore to listen to the dog chomp all over it, and its startling to become victim to peoples behavior chomping all over it.
Oh and one more thing. Plz dont take anything seriously because "if given an inch they will take a mile" That is a quote from, U.S. Army Air Corps bomber personnel, constantly maneuvering around enemy ground battery flak.
(Excuse me I must vent, plz dont think I'm serious, supposed to be funny)
Stupid azzholes, with their stupid ****s & giggles experiments. Pardon this, Pen that! Executive Order dip ****s! 55 year old Presidents passing (clueless if you weren't a veteran) laws. Jagowch crooks, hippy, yuppy, impugn (puke) ripoffs turned Patriot Day now.? Fake News, fake this fake that doxxers & futile fkwad timid emo pussy's (ehhhhemm)? excusa me plz? evrbuddy settle down now.....ATTENTION MENTION!......Thx a fkn lot! I have been stalked, doxxed, and swatted!
Just in case you are wondering about what is going on with Facebook. You need only realize that joining Facebook is opening the door to a world of scam. If your wondering what motivates bull**** webpages, and online satirical webpages, the answer is big time money. The big time spammers can whip out a Beirut Marines, among their numerous other pages with a thousand likes or more then actually make a $1000.00. Making and selling webpages with "Likes"is a 200 million dollar a year racket.
Now the question is: what motivates people to do the things that they do. You need only to realize that, just once, publicly doxxed motivates hundreds of angles that complete strangers will come at you from. (meaning different scams). Yeah even Beirut.
In closing, I have learned about as much about Social Media as I can handle. With a cut off date in mind it seems noteworthy that I can say that I learned FB, and that I dont settle for online Doxers destroying ppls reputations. I also learned a wealth of information coinciding. to whatever monkeys were, still are, and in the future will be storming my tree. But not if I can help any.

(Quote)

"Security by obscurity is not at all secure, but I figure it's better than nothing."

Prevent attackers from learning you. If this matters to you, you can reduce this risk by configuring your life concerning social media as a dead end game of bored individuals, vs a world of knowns, and unknowns. Nowadays it appears that good self-esteem is a direct reflection of social media privacy. To sum it up; "By all means get online", but remember that there is a world unknowns geared to data mine everything on us. In a worst case scenario - at any length, even their lives. ruining our lives. Take a look at me for instance. Ultimately the best protection is a social approach: the more educated users there are near you, and the more diverse their interests, the less dangerous it will be that you are successfully used by social engineers & a (drama in real life) online & offline. I know that I'm not the only one
Back in the late 80's I started to become more and more aware of the high number of veterans in my family. But it wasn't my family that I spent the majority of my time with, except for my Mother a (WWI Vet), Father a WWII Vet, and a Brother who was in Cambodia then Vietnam. After May 1970 The term Veteran was a well known secret. There was no questioning Vietnam Veterans attitudes when wondering what the subject was at times. From that point on I have grown spiritually.
My 50+ generation was pretty much smack dab stuck in a time frame between wars. We were members of the peacetime yet placed in a combat zone. At that time Ronald Reagan was president. There was a recession going on, Russia was in Afghanistan, the Iran Iraq war was raging, and a Contra Affair up in the defense dept. Times were tough, and right around that time-frame (1985) a grass roots campaign to help Vietnam Veterans get whats due to them started. One place was in Niagara Falls. With only two places in the nation, (where Vietnam Vets could go to shoot the **** besides getting tossed in the hospital,) "it was a long time coming," At first the goal was help Vietnam Veterans primarily, with the whole nation knowing that something wasn't right about our vets after returning home.
Vietnam Veterans were very good at recognizing anybody who served, even more-so if they knew you. I was very fortunate to be able be accepted into their midst even though I was 15 years younger. I learned a great deal about Vietnam Veterans and the experience also helped me in many ways cope with my own thoughts and help me create definite answers to serious questions. My Mother, Father, and 4 Brothers served in the Armed Forces. It was a Crazy bunch of Smiley Face **** happens back then. Yeah! Even back then, without hidden online punk freaks, and now after another couple wars & a baby brother (me), SCREWEWD by RIPOFFS! Any idiot fukwad on earth can **** on us Veterans! My biggest lasting memory of the facts back then are "Post war casualties" the rate was very high and the Staff was dead serious about doing something about it. When I look back to the beginning, then look at the support that all veterans can get today, then I can really see how lucky I am to have met real people who made real changes to help others. Again I will share my thank yous.

For an individual: Publicly sharing on social media has evolved from an object of curiosity from the start. To a subject of inner courage that is better to quell, and not share in public. Rather than risk the emotional roller coaster, which is more politically grouped in nature, the new guys possible good results diminish as the experience grows.
Starting a post with all good intentions, and striving for success at communicating in written text with complete strangers online, is just half of it.
Immersed in any group is guaranteed to hold the most shocking surprises to an inquiring individual. Long before the individual reaching the intended contact. In all groups of friends the groups menacing tolerated professional consumes the private intentions needed to reach old acquaintances. Without privacy the desire diminishes to a mere question, on top a tip of an iceberg of downtrodden publicly exposed comments, with potentially 1.55 billion users able to look up and see.

("Subnote") It would be utterly ridiculous to deny thinking that hostile intelligence isn't actively involved in public social media groups. Especially veterans groups. Public or closed. Also: Hard to believe that your better off going to the VA.

This is what all successful, and responsible people already know. Compare the social media page of middle class working responsible adults. At the least their family, and loved ones are those that they, the majority of successful people unconditionally strive to create. Not only for them but for all those around them.
After being warned about what you put online as long as 8 years ago, and assuming that public webpages and social posts would be more and more publicly scrutinized. The warning was taken as a possible threat to personal security and immediately understood. The reality of it all is only common sense. Finding and keeping a good job is vital for a good life.
An example of the irresponsible acts of others online is heartbreaking. Digging out from underneath a bad deck is probably the worst for some unfortunates. Especially if there are some really high cards in that deck! If there is no way to beat, (for instance), an anonymous moronic hate mob that can effortlessly remain hidden, with nothing to lose that has serious "gimmick", and "getup" issues, targeting people.
Well then that wouldn’t be very successful being targeted by them. My apologies. Tough to be me, but rather than plead mercy to the public it’s better to educate yourself. Good luck
In closing: when using the term "giving the dog a bone" it has always been a chore to listen to the dog chomp all over it, and its startling to become victim to peoples behavior chomping all over it.
Oh and one more thing. Plz dont take anything seriously because "if given an inch they will take a mile" That is a quote from, U.S. Army Air Corps bomber personnel, constantly maneuvering around enemy ground battery flak.
(Excuse me I must vent)
Stupid azzholes, with their stupid ****s & giggles experiments. Pardon this, Pen that! Executive Order dip ****s! 55 year old Presidents passing (clueless if you weren't a veteran) laws. Jagowch crooks, hippy, yuppy, impugn (puke) ripoffs turned Patriot Day now.? Fake News, fake this fake that doxxers & futile fkwad timid emo pussy's (ehhhhemm)? excusa me plz? evrbuddy settle down now.....ATTENTION MENTION!......Thx a fkn lot! I have been stalked, doxxed, and swatted!
Just in case you are wondering about what is going on with Facebook. You need only realize that joining Facebook is opening the door to a world of scam. If your wondering what motivates bull**** webpages, and online satirical webpages, the answer is big time money. The big time spammers can whip out a Beirut Marines, among their numerous other pages with a thousand likes or more then actually make a $1000.00. Making and selling webpages with "Likes"is a 200 million dollar a year racket.
Now the question is: what motivates people to do the things that they do. You need only to realize that, just once, publicly doxxed motivates hundreds of angles that complete strangers will come at you from. (meaning different scams). Yeah even Beirut.
In closing, I have learned about as much about Social Media as I can handle. With a cut off date in mind it seems noteworthy that I can say that I learned FB, and that I dont settle for online Doxers destroying ppls reputations. I also learned a wealth of information coinciding. to whatever monkeys were, still are, and in the future will be storming my tree. But not if I can help any.

(Quote)

"Security by obscurity is not at all secure, but I figure it's better than nothing."

Prevent attackers from learning you. If this matters to you, you can reduce this risk by configuring your life concerning social media as a dead end game of bored individuals, vs a world of knowns, and unknowns. Nowadays it appears that good self-esteem is a direct reflection of social media privacy. To sum it up; "By all means get online", but remember that there is a world unknowns geared to data mine everything on us. In a worst case scenario - at any length, even their lives. ruining our lives. Take a look at me for instance. Ultimately the best protection is a social approach: the more educated users there are near you, and the more diverse their interests, the less dangerous it will be that you are successfully used by social engineers & a (drama in real life) online & offline. I know that I'm not the only one