Concussion/Counseling
Create Post

Question Concussion/Counseling

Hello Everyone,

Last year, I suffered a concussion (unconscious a few minutes) and minor whiplash (went to PT for about three months) and currently taking medication to manage symptoms which I plan to be off of within the next month. Symptoms are nearly gone with rare migraines.

Also, when I was 14, I had to go to counseling for school (no diagnosis, parents made me go) for about a year.

Other than that, my record is perfect, scoring 90+ on practice ASVABs, and working on my PFT. I plan on joining in two years after getting an associates (offered a full ride at a community college).

The obvious answer is to wait and go to a recruiter and ask there, but I was wondering if anyone had a similar story?

Thanks!

Similar Threads:

Sorry kid, but what is your question?

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetietea View Post

I was wondering if anyone had a similar story?

Thanks!
    there,

it was't obvious unless
    you knew there was one burried
    in there.

Hmm... Story time is for fire watch..

Plenty of Marines have similar medical histories. Some disclosed it and needed to get waivers. Some disclosed it and had no issues at all. Some didn't disclose it (which usually is officially against policy) and it was never an issue for them.

Mike

Thanks for the help! I've heard the process of getting a waiver can be a pain, would that be true in the case above?

Your recruiter would be the only one who can give you a good answer on that

Mike

Thread Information