Female Combat Engineer
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Female Combat Engineer

I am new to posting to this site but have searched it over the past few months.

I am a 19 year old female who does not come from a military family. I leave for boot camp in about two weeks. I've tried to search all over the place for stories, suggestions, helpful tips etc. from other female Marines, but seeing as there aren't many its been a bit difficult. I chose the MOS for Engineering/Construction and my recruiter told me the other day that as of right now my job is 1371 Combat Engineer. I have been looking at what this job entails and was curious if there are any other females that have chosen this route and what they can say about it

Similar Threads:

Quote Originally Posted by Mullinsl3 View Post
    I am new to posting to this site but have searched it over the past few months.

I am a 19 year old female who does not come from a military family. I leave for boot camp in about two weeks. I've tried to search all over the place for stories, suggestions, helpful tips etc. from other female Marines, but seeing as there aren't many its been a bit difficult. I chose the MOS for Engineering/Construction and my recruiter told me the other day that as of right now my job is 1371 Combat Engineer. I have been looking at what this job entails and was curious if there are any other females that have chosen this route and what they can say about it

Good Luck and enjoy your vacation there..

Not a female and never was a Combat Engineer. But, I served with two different engineer units, 1st Combat Engineer Battalion 1st Marine Division at Camp Pendleton CA and Delta Company 4th Combat Engineer Battalion 4th Marine Division here in Knoxville (reserve unit).

1371 Combat Engineer is one of those combat support jobs just recently opened to females. So, you're blazing a trail. Meaning, there aren't many females in combat engineer units yet. It's possible, you may be the only one till others report aboard. It's also possible you may be the only female in your MOS class. Doubt you'll find any female 1371's here to help you this early in the game.

There are different types of engineers (construction engineers, heavy equipment operators, etc). 1371 is a construction engineer (build and destroy things). Your big project at MOS school will be to build a bridge. Read the similar threads under your question for more examples of what they do.

These fine Marines will be awaiting your arrival at Parris Island.

Good luck

you will blaze a path for others to follow,,(Gsgt. Highway Heartbreak ridge),, lol
    best of luck to you..

I hadn't realized that this job wasn't available to women until recently, thank you! My recruiter is also a combat engineer and he has been telling some helpful things but i didn't know if anyone else had any advice

Boldly go where no (or few) women have gone before!
    Good luck, and we expect to see you back here when you graduate!

One last piece of advice. Do everything EXACTLY as you're told by the Drill Instructors. Do not improvise unless you want this to happen to you:

^^^sorry. Can't get the image to load onto this page.

No worries! I got it through my email. Thank you!

I think you are bold and gutzzy. I wish you luck and support you 100%.

Good to see you on the board, young lady - I'd say more but TTop really covered everything. Step one, do your absolute best in boot camp. The rest will come after that.

If/when you get through things, be sure to come back and stay in touch. We like to hear from new Marines once they earn the title, and if you get through that MOS school it'll be very interesting to see how things go for you.

Good luck, kid, another one pulling for you here!

Credits
    Savings
    I can not comment on a female in CombatEngineers-
    NOW-
    I can and will comment on "females in general"
    as I have seen them in CivilianConstruction fields that
    were simular or identical to "SPECIALTIES" common to both...."in the last 50 years"

They cant carry the Heavy loads
    They cry when they have to do the Dirty work
    They want to do the Easy Job or at least the Easiest part of it
    They want you to kiss their a$$
    They want EquilPay ,
    Want you to pay the tabs

Glad WM's were few back then
    till i got out

I better not comment on this one, but I do wish you well honey.

I have no idea if this was supposed to help or be critical so I'm just going to say thank you and I'll be sure to come back and prove I have what it takes to earn the title!

Don't pay any attention to Ed, Mullins.......he's old as hell and extremely senile. All he does is sit at home taking oxygen, eating jell-o, and *****ing at everything that moves or breaths.

Thread Information