Collapsed Lung 2 years ago
Create Post

Collapsed Lung 2 years ago

I just signed papers with my parents to allow me to go to meps and when my recruiter brought them to me they were already filled out he just had me check the ss number and sign my name. I also just found out that one of those boxes which was marked no when I signed the papers was history of collapsed lung. My recruiter had only asked me about broken bones or asthma which I have never had. 2 years ago I had a spontaneous collapsed lung (I was also 30 pounds lighter) but i was never prescribed any meds and it healed on its own so should I tell my recruiter about it or just not bring it up? I dont want to end up getting screwed over long run but I dont know if i will be medically dq'd for it.
    Thank you in advance.

Similar Threads:

Tell your recruiter everything.

You should correct your medical history and be able to provide all medical documents,it is a DOD DQ with a time period.

Current or history of pneumothorax (512) occurring during the year preceding examination, if due to trauma or surgery or occurring during the 3 years preceding examination from spontaneous origin, is disqualifying Recurrent spontaneous pneumothorax (512) is disqualifying

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    You should correct your medical history and be able to provide all medical documents,it is a DOD DQ with a time period.

Current or history of pneumothorax (512) occurring during the year preceding examination, if due to trauma or surgery or occurring during the 3 years preceding examination from spontaneous origin, is disqualifying Recurrent spontaneous pneumothorax (512) is disqualifying
    I was wrong it will be 3 years ago in a week so it should be waiverable right?

Thread Information