How is Aviation Ordanance? 65xx?
Create Post

How is Aviation Ordanance? 65xx?

I'm fresh out of boot camp and just found out that my Mos is aviation ordanance 65xx. I was kinda bummed out because I wanted Crash, fire, rescue but I can't do nothing now. Anyways, I'm looking for some info regarding this MOS. How long is the school? Is it a good MOS? Where will i most likely be stationed? Any info helps! Thanks!

Similar Threads:

Being in EOD I was able to work at times with this MOS. You will be going to Pensacola, but I'm not sure how long the school is. It's not a bad place to be stationed for school though. You guys basically handle all ordinance and the loading and unloading of whatever particular wing you are assigned.

Being in EOD I was able to work at times with this MOS. You will be going to Pensacola, but I'm not sure how long the school is. It's not a bad place to be stationed for school though. You guys basically handle all ordinance and the loading and unloading of whatever particular wing you are assigned. If you were Navy and on a flattop you would be a Red Shirt.

how is it going breeezy. I assume from the time of this post you are in the fleet by now. I am heading to my first duty station in aviation ordnance at Miramar California, and I am curious if you get anything from supply when you arrive? if so, what do you get?

Expect to "trained" a lot more than other schoolhouses, but once you hit the fleet, its amazing.
    If you are I Level, you work in a shop building up bombs, guns, racks etc.
    If you are O level, you work on the flight line hanging those bombs etc from the aircraft.
    I level has a normal work week, O level works on the flight schedule so keep that in mind
    Semper Fi, IYAOYAS

There's an Aviation Electronic Technitian spot available in my shop date and my recruiter highly recommends this route as it is more interesting. I guess he means that the available MOS's 59xx El Tech 63xxAv 64xxAv and 66xxAv Log. Anyone who knows more information on this Occupational Field? I basically want to know if I will be having enough time for 3 things: will I get experience I can use in a resume; will I be able to use all my free time to study; will I be able to Lat move to other jobs that require two years in service in my first contract?
    Thank You Marines.
    Poolee Perlasca

I am a 6336 kc-130j electrician, if you want any info feel free to message me

1. Yes you will get tons of experience, typically people who get there quals in my shop get out and immediately get job offers for lockheed martin and other companies making $30 an hour or more

2. completely depends on whether your I level or O level and what you work on. I'm O level and typically work 12 hours a night sunday-thursday

3. you can not lat move until you reenlist and why would you join 1 mos knowing you want to lat move that sounds dumb

Thread Information