PT scores and my college GPA
Create Post

PT scores and my college GPA

I played highly competitive college football, as in I was on ABC and ESPN. I can do 130 pushups in 2 min, 121 sit ups, 34 straight pull ups and I have 5,5% fat. I'm 6 foot, 188 lbs, bench 285 and squat 305, run 3 miles in 19 minutes on a bad day.

In college I earned a 3.7 gpa plus scored a 2260 on my SAT, so do you suppose I need to take the ASVAB just to prove I can score better than the last 5000 guys who took it? I'm currently working out 4 hours daily, while interning at a massive corp, to prep for Recon School. Must I prove that I know why heat moves from hot to cold zones, creating an equilibrium in the thermodynamic balance of the immediate region, hence why copper is placed by computer CPUs and led to outpouring 120mm fans that blow 110 F air away from the motherboard and graphics card of computers? must I prove that electromagnetism is simply gravity in reverse lawfully, yet 1.0x10^9 times more powerful?

Similar Threads:

And we are all very proud of you. Now it's time for your anti-schitzo meds and a nap.

I'm just saying that if potential pilots shouldn't have to take the ASVAB, potential LTs shouldn't either. Go take your Risperdone and Lamictal and drink cheap whiskey till u pass out, not knowing that Lamictal decreases sodium levels at nerve dendrites and allows ethanol to damage certain ionized connections

That attitude is gonna take you real far there kiddo. Best of luck being full of yourself at TBS, if you make it there.

None of us here care what you know, what your GPA was, or how many reps of anything you can do. If the USMC says you need to take the ASVAB, then you'll take the ASVAB - and like it. LT's are nobody special (including those in Recon School).

Looks like another bootenant in the making who thinks his chit don't stank. Pity the poor guys under him, should he manage to commission. If he ever gets to be a platoon commander, hopefully he's got good staff NCO's who will keep him from making their lives too miserable.

At this point. The OP is just another civilian and obviously has no leadership skills yet (or he would know it's not about him). Playing college football at any level, being a PT stud, and having a high GPA are no indications one can lead Marines effectively. Some of our most famous leaders never finished highschool nor played a single sport. OCS will determine if he has the potential to lead, and then TBS will teach him how to do it (the Marine Corps way).

Don't feed the trolls, Marines, they'll go away on their own. At this point that's all I see here.

I've served with too many officers who thought that their $hit didn't stink - they didn't do themselves or their Marines any favors. A little humility will take you a long way - that kind of superior attitude is exactly what the Corps tries to break from you. I too played college ball - captain of the damn team. That was all irrelevant once I was commissioned (it's just a game, after all).

To the OP - why are you afraid of taking the ASVAB? Vocational Aptitude tests intimidate you? Or is it just that you see it as a waste of time?

Take a deep breath and get down off your high horse - no one here cares.

Amen. This guy too good for the ASVAB? Doubt he has the sand to muddy his boots either. Time for princess to calm down and shut his rooster holder.

This OP is going to become a by-product of Darwin's Theory of Natural Selection on his first combat patrol. Best to stay waaaay back.

LOL reminds me of a term some Nam vets who were still in the Corps used to say when I first got in. FRAG......

Thread Information