Coffee Talk - Page 7
Create Post
Page 7 of 180 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Coffee Talk

Having a job is like being on a work release program ...

Quote Originally Posted by Kegler300 View Post
    Having a job is like being on a work release program ...
    Which end of the program...???

Quote Originally Posted by LitLover84 View Post
    Haha. Oh, lord. I'd forgotten all about that. Note to self: take care in discussing certain baked goods on LN.com as members of the BS/Tom-Foolery Unit will take it in an entirely different direction.
    Uhm, Mandi? You just described all the "regulars" on LN. Actually you described most Marines ever, now that I think about it 8-)

Stay cool, everybody...

Marine Family Free Member 2 Marine Mom's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    BS/Tom foolery unit, thats a good one, 84. and thing like the, explosion, and joke patrol??look out hanging with them, they were always a blast.. Hav been real busy fighting with my lawn tractor. finallly gave up and sent it to sick bay.. 186.00 bucks later, ill be getting it back, sat. Been canning, and weeding, and dodging storms, and going to civil war reenactments. learning, lots there. even ran into our /dear president, Mr. Lincoln, at last weekends, activities, in Pipestone, Min. Well you all be good.. Deb

Looks like we're finally going to break the 90 degree streak we've been on ... only going to be 89 tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by madsox View Post
    Uhm, Mandi? You just described all the "regulars" on LN. Actually you described most Marines ever, now that I think about it 8-)

Stay cool, everybody...
    Hmmmm. ALL the regulars? You don't say. Well, if the shoe fits. . .

I'll have to keep in mind that the rule tends to apply across the Corps should I run into other Marines in person.

Had a cool front along with storms come through last night. It's a lovely 70 degrees right now with a southern breeze. No complaints here.

A purging and slight reorganizing of my bookcases is in progress. Getting rid of books falling in the "don't need/want/have time to read in the next 5 years" variety.

Hope you all are well and have an enjoyable weekend!

I have to actually go out and do work today. Like, meeting with customers and stuff. Driving around. I'm still tired from our family mini-vacation the weekend before last, and I want to get back in the rack.

That's all, just complaining. Now I'll shuddup, get another cup of coffee, and get back to work. At least the heat wave finally broke, for us anyway.

Dreaming of retirement some day...

Well, we're enjoying a cold front down here in SW Florida as it's only going up to 92 today. I just love these winter days.

Only 92? You'd better get out the wooly-pully, Russ, you'll catch a cold in that kind of weather!

92 is our low at night, here in Texas.

Credits
    Savings
    God BLESS TEXAS !!!

or you could be floatin'
    somewhere around
    Louisiana PI$$in' & moanin'
    that after all the water waz gone-
    you'd need to mow the lawn.............

Cut the grass this afternoon ... finsweat.gif

I need to get the grass cut. Just aerated this morning - a friend and I split a half-day rental on a commercial plug aerator, since each yard only takes about an hour.

That sucker is heavy. The machine, not my friend. Wrestle that around for an hour and you will work up a sweat!

Next I have to mow, get the right grass seed and spread that, water for a week or two straight... This "house with a yard" deal is a lotta work.

Gotta get things squared away for company coming over next weekend, though. Anybody have any interesting Labor Day plans? We're just burning some food on the grill.

Sure is quiet around these parts ...

Thread Information