Nut allergy
Create Post

Thread: Nut allergy

Nut allergy

Hi, I am in hopes of joining the Marines, but have a nut allergy. I was 2 when I had a reaction and from what I know I was eating handfuls of nuts and only had a rash but I did go to the emergency room and have carried an epipen with me since then. Now that I am 17 I am getting tested next week but am wondering if anyone has a nut allergy in the Marines or if anyone knows if I could get in with having a rash when I eat nuts, or how severe it has to be to get DQ.

Thank you, Heather

Similar Threads:

Heather,

In all honesty that exact question cannot be answered except by your local Marine Recruiter.

No pun intended, but in a nut shell, an allergy to nuts is a dis-qualifying factor, simply because the mess hall/dining facilities cook for hundreds and not for specific individuals.

Your worrying about something that may or may not truly exist until you get an accurate test completed, get the test, then go from there.

Give the recruiter a call though..

Super Moderator Platinum Member USMC 2571's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    And let us know what the recruiter says, on this same thread, please. Good luck to you!

I can say this.....being a nut isn't as bad as it may seem. Back in my day there were plenty of nuts in the Corps. I think the Army had a few also. I wasn't so far gone that I couldn't perform my duties.....but some Marines kept their distance. Later, I was diagnosed to have a mental obsession with the opposite sex. They put me on a medication called Mydixadrippen. I finally mellowed out and things turned out great. So don't let them tell you you're a nut......go in there and prove them wrong....like I did. Good Luck.

Super Moderator Platinum Member USMC 2571's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    I KNEW this would happen eventually. LOL

Thread Information