Being stationed as Motor T
Create Post

Being stationed as Motor T

I chose my job today and I went with Motor T. I really like what I've read about the job and what it entails. But, I want so badly to be stationed in Okinawa. So bad. I was wondering if there's any Marine out there that is Motor T and has been stationed over there? Or if there's anyone with knowledge on how "easy" it is to be stationed there upon request. Thank you!

Similar Threads:

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    What's on Oki that appeals to you so much? The first time I was there, it still belonged to the US and was a fun place to be stationed. Now they keep adding restrictions on liberty because Americans can't seem to behave in public. Not so much fun anymore, but still great for scuba diving.

Your chances are hard to determine. You'll get a chance to pick East Coast, West Coast, and Overseas (which could mean Hawaii too). Pick Overseas and hope. Do well in MOS school as that can only help your chances.

I had no such choices and was sent to Iwakuni, Japan out of Motor T operator school, then to Okinawa on TAD, then Vietnam. So your career has a chance of being somewhat adventurous, depending on what the world does while you're in. Everybody needs Motor T.

Getting orders to Okinawa will be a crap shoot. How lucky do you feel? My niece was the class leader/honor graduate out of her MOS school and requested to go to the West Coast - they kept her at Camp LeJeune on the East Coast instead. Where you go depends on the needs of the Marine Corps at that time - not what you want.

Went to Okinawa twice myself (12 months each time) - not Motor T. It was not my favorite duty station. But, like everything else in the Marine Corps, it's what you make it. Some love it, some hate it, most are in the middle somewhere.

FYI. Majority of Okinawans hate the US military and want us off their island. Plans are to relocate most military personnel to Guam and Australia. Your chances of getting there will diminish as time goes by.

Are you Motor T Operator or Mech? I'm an operator so I can only speak for that side of things. When we picked duty stations, every single Marine who picked to go overseas, got it. They even told us before we got our duty stations that if that's what we wanted, we would most likely get it. I guess they must have been short handed out there.

I am a Motor T mech in Okinawa. There are alot of restrictions here, but good side is the gyms are great, and our unit sends alot of us on deployments to Korea, Australia and other places.

Just like everything else in the Marine Corps you can request it but you arent always going to get it. Not a lot of people want to go to oki especially a lot of the younger cats who just want to stay close to home for some reason (go join the military and stay as close to home as possible go figure) but your chances are about as good as anyone elses.

Thread Information