Forgot drug use date
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forgot drug use date

Hello, I have been a USMC poolee for 8 months. Since that time I have forgotten the date that I smoked pot. It was only one time and have quit since then. Also, I remember the month and day but I cant seem to remember the year. It was either 2012 or 2013. I ship out in August and I'm nervous that in boot camp they might ask me when was the last time I smoked pot. Is there a possibility I might get dq'ed if I give them the wrong year and/or get shipped back home from boot camp? I'm really freaking out. I already asked my recruiter for the date but he can't find it. Again, I don't use drugs and I am clean.

Similar Threads:

Ask your recruiter these questions. I know he can't find the date. Take it from there.

Good luck.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    It stays in your hair follicles for 7 years....

If you didn't get arrested for it or anything, there won't be a date to find. Be honest with your recruiter and give him the closest dates you can figure out, and let him take it from there. I don't know how strict the Corps is being on things like a one-time pot use waiver these days, but honesty is always your best policy.

And the lab tests, even with hair, are only considered reliable for up to 90 days (http://www.craigmedical.com/Hair_Drug-Test_FAQ.htm for one example).

But let your recruiter work this for you. Good luck on it, too!

You don't have anything to worry about as long as you disclosed your prior marijuana use to your recruiter. You will be drug tested periodically during your enlistment, so don't make that mistake again while you're a Marine.

Quote Originally Posted by Breeezy View Post
    Hello, I have been a USMC poolee for 8 months. Since that time I have forgotten the date that I smoked pot. It was only one time and have quit since then. Also, I remember the month and day but I cant seem to remember the year. It was either 2012 or 2013. I ship out in August and I'm nervous that in boot camp they might ask me when was the last time I smoked pot. Is there a possibility I might get dq'ed if I give them the wrong year and/or get shipped back home from boot camp? I'm really freaking out. I already asked my recruiter for the date but he can't find it. Again, I don't use drugs and I am clean.
    I ship out on Sunday and I am still concerned about this.

Don't worry about it. You're going to have bigger fish to fry when you get to the recruit depot.

Credits
    Savings

you should have written the date down ???

Bottom line is to "ASK" your recruiter that question...

Simple enough...

Have fun and see you when your re-made...!!!

Super Moderator Platinum Member USMC 2571's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    I hope you don't actually think that they are looking for a specific DATE, like August 1, 2012 or March 13, 2013. There is no way anyone could possibly remember that. Just disclose all, as people have advised you. You are morally bound and legally bound to disclose all, but you cannot disclose a date you can't remember. Don't worry about that exact precise date. Just disclose what you are able to.

There is no way anyone could possibly remember that.
    Especially if you been smoking dope and all your brain function and faculties leave you...

Unless you didn't inhale....

Just disclose what you are able to.
    Unless you are a true blue stoner and did something besides pot an illicit/narcotic substance and your brain cells are fried.........

Don't worry, the Moment Of Truth is a piece of cake ...

Marine Drill Instructors.jpg

Uh no..... I'm not saying nothing during the moment of truth. Plus, I already talked to my recruiter. He gave me a drug screen sheet. He told me to put the most recent date I could remember and to remember that date. I was told that MEPS only looks at that paper so I think I'm good

Good luck.

Thread Information