Should I quit everything else and train to get fit enough for boot camp? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Top View Post
    Being 21, and still having all these goals, I can see why you're feeling a little rushed. Still, you need to simplify your life.

Since the Navy does have MOS's in the medical field (and we don't), I think you'd be better off serving with them. But remember, you'll most likely be aboard ship somewhere in the world. Sailors can take on-line courses aboard ship. I'm just not sure about a nursing program (how would you do clinical work on real patients). Be sure to ask the Navy recruiter about this and if there are any on-line nursing programs available to sailors while deployed.
    yessir top, seems that's what most of us old salts are telling him... perhaps the shower-shoe could look into sea school and become a sea-going bell hop .

Quote Originally Posted by advanced View Post
    The Marine Corps does not have Corpsmen/Corps-persons, the navy has Corpsmen who are then assigned to Marine combat units. You really need to get a better understanding of how things work.

If you enlist in the MC and are overweight you will be classified as a fat body and you will become fit, most likely not to your liking. Also, you will become stressed like never before. Perhaps your plan needs to be rethought.
    oh yeah, that's when you're sent to motivation platoon and you will lose weight!

Quote Originally Posted by marine6551 View Post
    yessir top, seems that's what most of us old salts are telling him... perhaps the shower-shoe could look into sea school and become a sea-going bell hop .
    The OP is a female college student.

These day's prospect's (recruit wannabes) are not sent to recruit training (Boot Camp) if they cannot pass the physical prep that recruiters are required to perform...

They must already be within the height and weight requirements, if on the Delayed Entry Program,, they will be required to attend monthly or as scheduled physical training programs to prep them for Boot..

Gone are the days where they walk in, sign up and go...

The Recruiter's ass is on the line if they even think to tell a prospect anything but the absolute facts...

With computerization and manpower all programmed the Marine Corps knows everyday how many of which MOS they need for the following years... Thus, the applicant chooses early their respective MOS...

Hope that helps a bit...

Quote Originally Posted by foxtrotoscar View Post
    These day's prospect's (recruit wannabes) are not sent to recruit training (Boot Camp) if they cannot pass the physical prep that recruiters are required to perform...

They must already be within the height and weight requirements, if on the Delayed Entry Program,, they will be required to attend monthly or as scheduled physical training programs to prep them for Boot..

Gone are the days where they walk in, sign up and go...

The Recruiter's ass is on the line if they even think to tell a prospect anything but the absolute facts...

With computerization and manpower all programmed the Marine Corps knows everyday how many of which MOS they need for the following years... Thus, the applicant chooses early their respective MOS...

Hope that helps a bit...
    let's see; it seems to me the name "prospects" typically refers to someone who wants to join an outlaw motorcycle gang.

let's see; it seems to me the name "prospects" typically refers to someone who wants to join an outlaw motorcycle gang.
    Well, biker gang/Marine Corps - ya gotta admit there's a lot of similarities!

We wear colors (uniforms), earn "patches", get our own names, have a top-to-bottom order of who can boss who around, usually hang out and travel in groups, have been known to engage in less-than-polite behavior, always have each other's backs...

Now, I don't mean nothin', I'm just sayin'!

Skip,

Prospects is just the word they use to describe
    a person regarded as likely to succeed or as a potential customer, client, etc...

"Poolee" are what sworn in to the "DEP" Delayed Entry Program are called..

The pool needs poolee's to keep a steady flow going to MCRD at both Depot's..

They started using those definitions back in 78-79 to describe recruiting terminology...

Just words, terms and acronyms...

U-ncle
    S-am's
    M-otorcycle
    C-lub

Coincidence? I think not! Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by madsox View Post
    Well, biker gang/Marine Corps - ya gotta admit there's a lot of similarities!

We wear colors (uniforms), earn "patches", get our own names, have a top-to-bottom order of who can boss who around, usually hang out and travel in groups, have been known to engage in less-than-polite behavior, always have each other's backs...

Now, I don't mean nothin', I'm just sayin'!

ain't that the truth brother and our colors don't run!

Quote Originally Posted by silveradomick View Post
    U-ncle
    S-am's
    M-otorcycle
    C-lub

Coincidence? I think not! Lol.
    too funny justin; i had always been told it stood for
    uncle sam's
    misguided
    children
    ... either way, it's a club i'm proud to be a lifetime member; there's no other brotherhood like it in the world.

Credits
    Savings
    Unlimited
    $hit
    Mass
    Confusion

Quote Originally Posted by m14ed View Post
    Unlimited
    $hit
    Mass
    Confusion
    gee ed; sounds like you sand rat jarheads ate at the same chow hall we hollywood marines chowed down at.

oh yeah, that's when you're sent to motivation platoon and you will lose weight!
    The platoon that is the weight loss platoon is the Physical Conditioning Platoon (PCP),

The Motivation platoon is for motivation.

Quote Originally Posted by m14ed View Post
    Unlimited
    $hit
    Mass
    Confusion
    U
    Signed the
    MFing
    Contract

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Wow, has this thread been hijacked. Lets bring it back on the OP's topic a little more.

Thread Information