All Marines to undergo 2-day training as women join combat units - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The PFT/CFT scoring system is being revamped also for men/women and old/young. However, the scoring will still be gender-normed meaning women can do less pullups and run slower and still score higher (just like old dudes) however the point gap has been made tighter.

I'm so glad I'm retired and don't have to put up with this crap.

Don't believe I could deal with it. So glad I don't have to also.

Wonder if fitness reports still include a mark for "military bearing"? If a superior witnesses two subordinate males holding hands and kissing (in civilian attire). What happens if they mark them as "unsatisfactory" for military bearing (as I would)? I imagine, the superior would be sent for some remedial sensitivity training - and made to rewrite the fitness reports as that would be considered discrimination. These are the types of things I could not deal with.

Marines are required to maintain their military bearing 24/7. Not just while in uniform or on duty. At least, that's what I expected of my Marines.

So the MC today is very equal, it's just that some seem to be more equal than others. bluetic, you may like the changes that you've seen in the last 20 years, but i personally see these changes as being quite unequal. PC training for Marine Infantry is total bs, lowering the standards to be accepted for MC Infantry is a total joke and will result in the loss of Marines. I guess that's acceptable to many of you though as long as it furthers the pc agenda.

I know that my view is tainted compared to today's standards, you see back in the day the MC Infantry was feared as we were the nation's shock troops. No room for pc bs fulfilling that role. Of course you may disagree. What is your mos? You ever spent 3-4 weeks in Indian Country with little re-supply? How many women could hold up to that? Just saying.

Marine Free Member thegimprider's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Men will always be men and women will always be women with all the conflicts intact between those sexes. Sex is an instinct stronger than survival and woman who know that can lead a man by the short hairs. Watch "Ran" by Kurosawa a potent film of war. Training and orders will not withstand those problems.
    Mash had some prophetic moments with Major Hotpants

This training was developed so Marines will understand that standards have not been lowered so women can integrate into combat arms MOSs. The standards have been RAISED for everyone.

Check posts 8 and 9, those look like good changes to me from my "old guy on the bench" view. I'll take the Major's word on this stuff, he's a Mustang with 20 years in, and even as "just a Reservist" (that was me all my way through, sir) he's had several tours in line units, if I'm reading that profile right.

So, new Corps, some things different Corps, but it's still our Corps and I'll bet the PC part of shiat will settle out and we'll end up with a better Corps for it. Not the same as when I started, definitely not the same as when Nam was hot, but things change.

Good to meet ya, Major, and let me know if you head down Maryland-way some time, I'm not too far from you.

Debate is good, though - don't stop arguing or we won't know who the real Jarheads are around here! 8-)

S/F, all

Nobody here today can predict if these liberal changes are good or bad for our Corps. History will record that score - and our enemies will have a vote.

My biggest gripes are. We never asked for these changes to begin with - in fact, our former Commandant disagrees with them. And, these changes are being mandated (for the most part) by beaurocrats who have never worn a uniform - let alone confronted an enemy on the battlefield. How they can believe they actually know better than combat veterans simply blows my mind (and something I'll never understand). That they refuse to accept the recommendations of our combat decorated leaders is both a disgrace and an insult in my professional opinion. Maybe they should ask DI's how they feel about letting recruits run bootcamp. When the DI's say "that's crazy", give the order that recruits will now run both recruit depots - effective immediately. What do the DI's know about it anyways.

Marine Free Member thegimprider's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I'm the only Marine in my family generation, my uncle served from 1941 to 1971, much time on rifle range. My 6 years affected one niece and nephew who joined. My niece in Navy Sea Bees because she wanted to be an architect my nephew AirForce because he threw up at the sight of a ship. My niece served during Kosovo and went through hell. Back in States she was raped and the Navy blamed her. At next duty station they shipped her rapist to same duty station until they forced her out. A woman in a mans world will come up against some heavy opposition.
    Women in power tend to over push to make up for this. Cross security check some time and you will see a woman stops more cars than male counter part. We used to look at US border crossing for female customs and find a male guards line to avoid that. I agree with their rights but it is a can of worms and trouble will come from it.

IMHO, the "politically correct, pro-diversity" bunch that is currently running the country does not care one whit about the "fall out" within the military due to their actions... they just "throw it against the wall, and see what sticks"... a foolish approach to running and improving our military, if you ask me... some things may work out, some will fail... but these clowns best have a "plan B" just in case....

Won't be long before prospects will be taking Recruit Training over their computer. Really happy I retired 43 years ago and can now read about all the PC crap that is in the Military today. I have returned a few times to MCRD, SD and also worked on the base for 13 years after I retired. It was very easy to see the changes on graduation day when the Recruits had base liberty and their Drill Instructor was not watching them.

The Marine Corps is being wussified and gayed down by the idiot in the White House.

Thread Information