Waiver Supposedly "PDQ'd"
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Waiver Supposedly "PDQ'd"

Hello Marines,
    So back in March my recruiters sent my file to MEPS to be evaluated. They cleared my for my double ACL replacement, but then realized I previously suffered from seasonal allergies, SO I went to the docs and got a letter of clearance, sent to to my recruiters who supposedly sent it to Meps, and I earned a PDQ shortly after. So now they tell me that my waiver request is off to the surgeon generals office for a doctor there to look over it. What do you think my chances are of my waiver being approved? How much truth is there in what the recruiters have told me? And do I have to option of going to a different branch to see what their opinion is?
    Thank you so much for responding,
    -Dave

Similar Threads:

Guest Free Member
      Credits
      Savings
      Images
      Quote Originally Posted by Dblock548 View Post
      How much truth is there in what the recruiters have told me? And do I have to option of going to a different branch to see what their opinion is?
      Well Dave, you joined our forum today to ask this question so I will give you my opinion. If you had to ask this question and question a Marine Corps Recruiters word to you then perhaps you should look into another branch of service and ask their recruiters what you just posted and see what their opinion is.

Did you tag this thread ?

Best of luck.

Nobody here can tell you the chances of your waiver being approved nor how long it'll take. That decision will be made by a doctor - which none of us are.

You are under no obligation for anything until you sign a contract. So, of course you can see what the opinions of other services are.

Let us know how it works out.

Marine Friend Free Member
      Credits
      Savings
      So if I am to go to Army, would they automatically DQ me since the marine corps did?

Quote Originally Posted by Dblock548 View Post
      So if I am to go to Army, would they automatically DQ me since the Marine Corps did?
      FIFY, and that's another question you would have to ask the appropriate recruiter. We can give you ideas and opinions here, but that's all they are - for official answers to specific questions like these, you need to go talk to the official people. As in recruiters, whether USMC or Army.

Good luck with whatever you pursue!

The Marine Corps did not DQ you - the MEPS docs did. Those same docs see Army applicants as well. You need to explain all this to an Army recruiter and see what they say.

Thread Information