The first couple days of recruit training.
Create Post

The first couple days of recruit training.

I leave out in about 6 months and I was wondering if someone could give me a pretty good in depth explanation of the first couple of days of recruit training. Like at what point you do your physical, PFT and other points. Thank you.

Similar Threads:

The first 4 days are receiving to get all the admin stuff out of the way. Expect not to sleep very much if at all. Thursday night you will get to go to sleep early before you run your IST that friday morning. Then after that IST "Black Friday" begins.

You'll do a bunch of admin things plus medical the first 3-4 days. You'll get virtually no sleep and be shuffled from one place to the next to do everything. At Parris Island, we stayed in the receiving barracks for these first 4 days and didn't see our actual barracks until black Friday. I honestly don't remember many details about those first 4 days, otherwise I'd give you an "in depth explanation." I just remember being very tired, very hot, sweaty all the time, sitting cross legged on the floor a lot, and eating a lot of boxed chows.

Correction to my previous comment, we DID see our barracks before black Friday when we did our p*ss test. I honestly don't recall if we actually stayed there before pick up though. I do remember spending a ton of time in those reviving barracks adjacent to the yellow footprints though.

Thank you Marines, I appreciate it! 62 days left!

My two cents.

It will be very difficult, because you'll be all hyped-up about shipping. But, knowing you won't get much sleep in receiving (it's made that way), try to get as much sleep as you can before leaving home - maybe even on the bus trip. A few recruits will fail their IST at bootcamp even though they had to pass one to ship. This is normally a result of sleep-deprecation/exhaustion.

Start hydrating yourself (drink as much water as you can - and then drink some more) before shipping. You'll take canteens with you everywhere and your DI's will make you drink water.

Understand snail mail is S L O W! Don't expect to get your first letter from home for at least two weeks. This does not mean nobody back home is not writing. Their letters will catch up to you eventually.

Before shipping. Talk to your parents about how you want them to handle any bad news from home - just in case it happens. Some recruits prefer not to know - they can't do anything about it anyways. Others don't want to be surprised after they graduate and prefer to be told everything.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Perhaps you might want to read my thread here.

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...ruit-Training-!

Super Moderator Platinum Member USMC 2571's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Actually, OP, it makes no difference whether you have prior in-depth knowledge of anything that goes on in boot camp, whether it's the first few hours or the last few days. The main thing is to be prepared to give boot camp 110% effort, and to do exactly what you are told, period---this will go a long way toward the mindset you need to get through boot camp. 110% effort, instant obedience, dedication to doing your absolute best every waking moment. Good luck to you.

Thread Information