Marine PLC Waiver
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Marine PLC Waiver

Hello gentlemen. ***( Marines. There are male and female Marines on this forum )*** I'm a freshman in college right now and I'm very interested in applying to the Marine's PLC program for a commission. I'm not sure if I would pass the physical though. I had a hernia repair when I was less than a year old which caused my left lung to collapse. I received surgery and never had breathing problems or any difficulties from the complication. I've played sports my entire life. I can pass a pulmonary function test. Most people have said that the hernia repair would not be a problem Three years ago while playing basketball I tore my left labrum which required rotator cuff surgery. My shoulder never actually dislocated and after completing therapy I have regained full mobility and never had any problems with it. Would these two surgeries disqualify me at MEPS? Would I have to provide all my medical records or just the ones pertaining to the surgery? If the Marines don't waive these surgeries will I be able to try another service? I only ask because even while searching throughout the internet, I have gotten "very" mixed answers. I've talked to a marine recruiter who says my chance are good while I've talked to an ex doctor at MEPs who said labrum surgery is PDQ without chance of waiver. Everyone's situation is different but if anyone could share their personal experiences that would be great. Thank you for your time.