Need ROTC Info
Create Post

Thread: Need ROTC Info

Need ROTC Info

I have about 2.5 years until i can ship off to boot camp and was interested in the NROTC program at my local university because my goal is to retire in the military and i figured becoming an officer would be my best route. I don't know much about ROTC programs and i couldn't find much information online. I've been to about a year of college at a community college but don't have a degree. Am i eligible for an ROTC program? How do i go about applying to be in one?

Similar Threads:

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    A good start is to read " Similar Threads " beneath yours.

Merry Christmas.

Why do you have 2.5 yrs until you ship to bootcamp? As for NROTC, check this out: http://www.nrotc.navy.mil/apply.aspx. It's the scholarship application; there is some requirements you need to meet to be eligible. Look over it.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    do you wanna ship off to boot camp or go through NROTC and become an officer?..... both are completely different paths within the Marine Corps but neither will guarantee you to do 20+ years and be able to retire.

Bud, at 2.5 years out from enlisting (and am assumed 4.5 for commissioning) you won't even be eligible for the 20 year pension program anymore. Read up on your Thrift Savings Plan benefits.

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    My Marine recruiters told me that I was definitely Officer material. They assured me that I was one the most intelligent 20 year old 9th grader they had ever run across. They said they were speechless over my I.Q. score of 63. They said it was the first time in their life they had seen that number relating to an I.Q. test. I was a little taken aback myself. As I didn't think I was that smart. Anyway, they said they were mailing my Officer application ahead to be delivered to which ever Platoon Commander ended up with me. They said once the D.I.s got the application, I would be treated differently than a common boot. They said that anytime they needed an example, it would be me. They said all would know my name before graduation. After 2 weeks and I had not filled out the application, I confronted the D.I. about my Officer application. He looked at me kinda funny before he called over the other D.I.s. They spoke together for a few min. before telling me that there was no need to fill out an application. They said as soon as bootcamp was over, I would be given a direct Commission. Well....because of the V.N. War , everything was put in fast motion and before I knew it, I was a grunt in Nam. I never was an officer, but I knew it was because of the War. I always wanted to thank those Marines that saw my potential and tried to make it a reality. God Bless the Corps, brothers.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Billy, that story tugged at my heartstrings, and I should have known better than to read it without Kleenex nearby. I think your commission is a little overdue, but as the saying goes, "it's never too late". Maybe some kind of honorary commission would be the route to take at this late stage in the game.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    OP, at one point here we had a couple of recruiters on the site. Active duty recruiters, and they were very helpful. Neither has been on for ages, though. You'll get more info here, just be patient. Hopefully other folks will post on this same thread.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    As Rocky suggested, check out Similar Threads below your original post. That is a handy feature of this site.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Marines will be by. Stand by to stand by.

Billy, I have tears

Thread Information