A weird feeling this morning
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

A weird feeling this morning

I am headed to work and grab my phone to text my son and wish him a Merry Christmas, knowing that he can't come home until New Years. I look at the time, realize that it is Wednesday before a 96 and think "He is probably at some big company PT and will secure early so I can call him later" and put my phone down.

About 5 minutes later I get a call from him. Turns out he was at company PT and had a little bad news.

This is what it is supposed to look like.

This is what it looked like after going down while playing rugby.

Broken fibula that needed a plate and pins. So much for him being included in My daughter's wedding on Jan 2nd.

Similar Threads:

He's will find out tomorrow when he starts his convalescent leave.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    OUCH that looks like it hurts. Things happen for a reason in life, Sad news but he will be home a lot longer brother for everyone to enjoy his company.

He can still be in his sisters wedding, wheel him around

I hope he heals perfectly and doesn't get a MEDSEP.

Prayers for a full recovery outbound.

Tell him Rocky said Merry Christmas and Semper Fi !!!

joseywales
    Guest Free Member
    My son fractured his wrist but I forgot to post the xrays, and it shows the wrist from several different angles, too. I'll try to find em.

joseywales
    Guest Free Member

Baker1971
    Guest Free Member
    I broke my tail bone. Looking for the xrays now.

I hope he heals without a limp....

Marine1011
    Guest Free Member
    Xrays, if you got em, post em!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky C View Post
    He can still be in his sisters wedding, wheel him around

I hope he heals perfectly and doesn't get a MEDSEP.

Prayers for a full recovery outbound.

Tell him Rocky said Merry Christmas and Semper Fi !!!
    He was supposed to be one of the ushers.

The boy has been balls to the walls since he could walk. I told him that maybe it's God's way of telling him that he needs to slow down. Because the speeding tickets sure haven't had any effect.

My niece broke her fibula/ankle and got a metal plate/screws too. Going through rehab now but it's looking more-and-more like a medical discharge. She's thinking she'll be out by this coming April. She was up for meritorious Cpl when it happened (both PFC and LCpl were meritorious) but that can't happen now that she can't run a PFT. She was in a MCMAP match and fighting a male Marine when she got injured.

Good luck to your son. Let us know how it works out for him.

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    I remember in ITR, we were humping those big azz hills out in Hollywood. I lost my footing and tumbled about 600 ft. to the bottom. I broke both legs, one arm, 2 ribs, and my collar bone. I thought I was on my way out for sure. However, while I was in the Hospital, the Battalion Commander came to see me. He said that while he was sorry for what happened,but, it actually was a blessing in disguise. He told me Viet Nam had lots of big hills also. He said now, with my experience with bad azz hills, I would be a great asset to the Corps. Said when I wasn't on an Operation, I could teach fellow Grunts the do's and do not's of hill maneuvering. I left for Nam the next day, while still in a body cast. They took my casts off after 3 weeks. The Navy Doc's said they should have stayed on for 6 to 8 weeks, but the Corps said I would have plenty of time to heal after I got back from Nam. God Bless the Corps.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    What a Marine !!!

Any X Rays Billy ?

prayer outbound for a full recovery as well..

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    Hope the hand heals...
    Billy .....💪

Well, he is cleared to fly on the 31st. Supposed to start convalescent leave as well. He has an appt. on the 5th to get stitches removed and a permanent cast. Physical therapy should start in 10 weeks. Now, to find him some zip off leg pants so that he doesn't have to wear sweatpants to the wedding.

Quote Originally Posted by marine1011 View Post
    Xrays, if you got em, post em!
    Didn't like the X-ray pic I sent you? LOL

Thread Information