Calling all 5803s
Create Post

Calling all 5803s

Good Afternoon 5803s,

I am looking for some information about 5803. I was enlisted from 2004 to 2010 as a Wireman (0612) and now I am getting my Bachelor's degree. I will receive my degree in December of 2016.

I just want to know what were or are your duties as a 5803 and can you be in charge of the Marine Corps CID?

Thank you for all your knowledge and information.

V/r
    Tiffany

Similar Threads:

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    I sent you a PM with a link to another thread here that addresses the duties of a 5803. Also, this may not get any exposure in The Drifter's Place. I'll ask Admin where it should perhaps be moved. Maybe Open Squad Bay.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I don't think there are any 5803s on this site - either that or they are lurkers and never post.

I was a 5811. In 1977, at Pendleton, the CID was bossed by a chief warrant officer, but he did take his turn as the PMDO (provost marshal duty officer), so I had occasional contact with him. He was a salty old SOB, but I liked him. He didn't take crap from anyone.

While I was in, most 5803 slots were filled by LDOs and WOs. Most, not all. It appears things have changed and 5803 is now populated mostly by unrestricted line officers.

A CWO4 is in charge of CID here at Camp Lejeune; the rest are NCO's and SNCO's, and a few civil service employees that are retired 5821's.

Thank you

Thank you everybody that replied to this post.

It is greatly appreciated.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    This thread will remain open forever so more Marines can post for you.

Semper Fi,
    Rocky

Thread Information