MOS Question
Create Post

Thread: MOS Question

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

MOS Question

I have signed a statement of understanding that says I am going to receive an MOS in the Military Police field 58xx. I am wondering when and how my specific MOS is chosen? I am also wondering the chances that I get 5811 Military Police and not 5831 Corrections Officer? Is there any way I can get 5811 in my contract? Thanks for the help

Similar Threads:

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Unless you're joining a reserve MP unit that has 5811 slots available, 58xx is the best you can get for active duty. However, there are more 5811 slots in the field than 5831 sots, so the odds are on your side.

How is it chosen? Needs of the Corps. You should know where you are going by the end of MCT.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Thank you for your help and your service I appreciate it

All you can do is keep your fingers crossed. There are a lot of disappointed Marines at MCT when they get their travel orders to MOS school - and, a lot of happy ones too.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    A return to yesteryear wouldn't be so bad, once the shock wore off. People would get used to it after awhile-----no say in what MOS you would get. 2 days of classification tests in boot camp, plus the needs of the Corps, then you are handed an MOS and off you go to school. End of story. No worries about jobs because you'll be assigned one. This is vintage 1963, when things were so much simpler. LOL. Oh we had contracts all right, like today, but ours basically said "The USMC owns you".

Why do I post this? Think of all the worry, anxiety, concern, anticipation, disappointment that would be completely eliminated. How relaxing and peaceful for poolees and wannabes. No worries.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    No reflection at all on the OP, he's a squared away poolee. And his question is a good one. I just reminisce sometimes about how simpler it all was, way back then.

Last edited by USMC 2571; 11-26-15 at 08:42 PM.

Thread Information