Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NASCAR Racing

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

Thumbs up NASCAR Racing

The title says it all. Great idea Mitch !

Gary W ???

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by Rocky C; 11-20-15 at 06:43 PM.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Click to enlarge !

MARINES !!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	2169teamhmx.jpg
Views:	528
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	29246

Click image for larger version

Name:	2180freedom_car.jpg
Views:	528
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	29247

I love NASCAR,, so exciting... "he's making a left turn!!"..... "he's making another left turn!!".... lol just kidding..

And yet, leftists hate NASCAR ...

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Man those Cars are TiT's I'm kinda partial 2 that Scarlet & Black 1...SWEET

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Well guys, after spending 20 years in NASCAR and seeing what it has evolved into today, you are right I do have some thoughts. My first 10 years in the sport working with Richard, Kyle and Adam Petty for our client International Truck and Engine were amazing. It was from 1991-2000 and the sport was growing in fan attendance, television viewership, and there was no looking back. Working with the Petty's was a time period I will never forget. During that time period, Richard had a lot of drivers in the 43, however who drove the car did not matter, all the fans cared about was "The King" and everywhere we went there were people waiting for his autograph. And the amazing thing about Richard Petty is that he understood that without the fans, there would be no NASCAR, no Petty wins, no celebrity. He knew who he was and how he got there, unfortunately not everyone that followed him shared that understanding.
    In 2001 Petty Enterprises switched to Dodge and their sister company was Freightliner so our business relationship ended. He still remains a good friend that I do not see very often however when we do get together, its like I had seen him just a week or two earlier. Expected to be done with NASCAR at that time and shortly after, Ronnie Russell who I worked with at Petty and had left, called me to come to Charlotte and meet Sam Rensi. Sam and his brother Ed owned Team Rensi Motorsports, a small Busch series team. Ed was the president and CEO of McDonalds, Sam the VP of manufacturing at Remington firearms and both retired and started the team. I went there ( I thought ) to talk about helping them find sponsorship, and left Charlotte that day owning a part of Team Rensi Motorsports. It was quite a day. I guess I'll stop here for now, this is Chapter I of a two Chapter racing career, each chapter 10 years in length. More on Chapter 2 in another post. Regarding NASCAR today, to say it is broken would be an understatement in my opinion. The sanctioning body has ruined the sport. Teams are going out of business daily, the racing product is over regulated, its to expensive to attend a race, drivers do not reflect the population of the country, and from a marketing perspective as a marketing guy, sponsors no longer can obtain the value for the money spent to promote their product or service. OK< enough for this Saturday morning. I'll do Chapter 2 shortly. Would love to hear what you all think about the sport. G

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Hahahahahahaha. Morning Brothers, Wow, did this thread take off in one day.

Thank you Gary, this is going to be great !!!

Credits
    Savings
    BTW, I am going to start adding tons of pictures to the "Gallery" ( over time, not all at once ) from my time with Team Marines and with Richard Petty. Keep an eye out for them.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Race today !!!

Credits
    Savings
    According to "people in the know" at the time, Kyle had the ability to drive a race car. No one thought he had the talent of his father or grandfather, but the ability to compete. I do not think anyone in or around the Petty family thought he was going to win a championship.
    Being the third generation behind Lee and Richard was pretty hard to live up to. He never had a chance with that last name.
    Adam on the other hand was his grandfather in a younger form. Watching him engage Richard about driving, the responsibilities of being a driver, being a Petty was amazing to watch. He had the natural talent and he knew what kind of emotional and physical effort it was going to take and never let up. I knew him well and was devastated by his death. Personally, I do not think the family ever truly recovered from his accident. The Camp helped, but Adam had grown up into a special young man and could not be replaced.
    G

Credits
    Savings
    Agree completely. Rocky C and all of you Marines are the "main attraction" and what the website content, Facebook page, and the forum's are there for. It has always been and will always be about Marines who have served, those who are serving and those who will serve.
    G

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    HOMESTEAD, Fla. — After Kyle Busch’s leg snapped in half in a February crash, there were a few moments of fear that he might never race again.

His right leg and left foot badly broken on the day before the Daytona 500, Busch’s immediate concern was learning how to walk again rather than getting back into a car.

Making NASCAR’s Chase for the Sprint Cup? Unthinkable, as Busch figured to be out until at least July. Winning his first career title? The kind of comeback only Disney could imagine.

But that’s exactly what happened Sunday at Homestead-Miami Speedway, with Busch pulling off another unlikely victory in the Ford EcoBoost 400 — his fifth of the season — to clinch his first career championship.

“I don’t know if I quite understand life yet,” an emotional Busch said on the team radio, “but there’s something to be said about this year.”

You’ll have to forgive Busch if he has trouble making sense of everything that happened in 2015. It seems too far-fetched to believe.

It’s a shame ESPN left the sport after last season, because Busch’s unbelievable comeback would make a great 30 for 30 documentary.

“I don't know that anybody could have ever dreamt of this year,” Busch said. “… As bad as it was, I wouldn't recommend it if you're looking to achieve a championship this way. It's certainly not easy, but it'll make you mentally stronger and physically stronger.”

Busch’s story is how an aggressive, brash driver toned down his act and matured into a husband, father and — now — Cup champion. It’s about countless hours of agonizing work behind the scenes to get him back on his feet again after the Daytona crash, after which he spent weeks in a hospital bed that was wheeled onto the first floor of his North Carolina home.

Busch would stare out the window at the birds and watch races on TV, thinking about all he was missing. It took him two and a half hours the first time he tried to take a shower after his injury (and that was with help). At one point, he turned to his wife while watching a race and asked for help bending his toe — he couldn’t move it himself.

Still, a long road lay ahead of him. Not only would he have to win a race – no easy task even for a healthy driver – but he’d have to get back into the top 30 of the Cup standings in order to earn a playoff spot.

It didn’t look good at first, but much like in the aftermath of his crash, Busch rallied. A summer hot streak saw him win three straight races and four out of five – including the biggest win of his career at the Brickyard 400.

The desire to get back drove him to give maximum effort on his physical therapy, and he stunned the NASCAR world by announcing a return to the Sprint Cup Series in mid-May — sooner than anyone expected.

“This wasn’t a vacation for us,” wife Samantha told USA TODAY Sports. “He wasn’t sitting there just like, ‘Oh, I’m going to stay at home and have a margarita on the beach.’ He was learning to walk again. He worked his butt off. His physical therapist would leave and he’d be like, ‘Ok, get my (stretching) bands, we’re going to do more. I gotta get back early.”

Still, a long road was ahead. Not only would he have to win a race — no easy task for a healthy driver — but he’d also have to get back into the top 30 of the Cup standings to earn a playoff spot.

Samantha was so nervous watching her husband she nearly got sick to her stomach.

“With 30 (laps) to go, I was like, ‘I’m going to throw up,’” she said. “Last year at this race, I was throwing up because I was pregnant. Now I’m going to throw up because I’m nervous.”

And when a debris caution suddenly showed up with 10 laps to go? “I wasn’t even breathing,” she said.

His victory negated a fairy-tale finish for Jeff Gordon, who was seeking his fifth NASCAR championship in his final race as a full-timer. Gordon finished sixth. Kevin Harvick made a run at Busch but settled for second. Martin Truex Jr., the fourth driver in the Chase finale, was 12th.

And in the end, Busch was in victory lane. He held the Sprint Cup trophy aloft, then looked down and shook his head, smiling to himself. His childhood hero, Gordon, arrived to congratulate him.

“His talent is so strong,” Gordon said. “What he went through this year, I see a changed Kyle. When he came back, not only was he driven and inspired, but you could tell he was racing smarter, with more patience. ... There was a pretty good chance he was destined to win this championship.”

Destiny? Perhaps. Busch was lucky to be alive in February, and no one expected anything out of him after that. This year wouldn’t have figured to be the year.

But NASCAR’s Charlie Brown finally got to kick the football, outrunning the bad luck that plagued him in the past.

“Nothing bigger in sports has ever happened to me,” said team owner Joe Gibbs, whose three Super Bowl wins are nothing to sniff at.

And so it came to be that despite missing 11 races, Busch is the champion of NASCAR — and at age 30, he might only just be getting started.

“He’s got that internal strength,” his brother, Kurt Busch, told USA TODAY Sports, his voice cracking. “That’s something my dad instilled in both of us. Nobody is ever going to do it unless you go out and do it. He just went out there and did it.

“I’m so very proud of him. Kyle’s always been a champion in my mind. To experience this with him and to welcome him to the champion’s club is something I’ve always wanted to do”

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Tragic indeed.....

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Good Morning Marines.

Getting ready to move our offices and while packing I found a box of 1/64th die cast cars from the Team Marines Racing Team. In the spirit of the holidays and of course "Fun", I am going to send one of these to the first 50 of you that can answer the following Team Marines Racing question.

Name the cities/race tracks Team Marines Racing won races at ?.

The first 50 PM's to me with the proper answer will get the car!

Good luck!

Gary W

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/member.php?656-Gary-W

Thread Information