DEP to PLC? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DEP to PLC?

Thank you for the replies Marines. I contacted my enlisted recruiter and explained to him my situation and he completely understood and actually supported it - it just sucks that he lost a contract. I also met with the OSO today and we started the PLC package, the package is being submitted in December to the board, hopefully I make the cut! To give you Marines and anyone else reading this post an idea of what my application package would look like: Freshman in college with a 3.5 GPA, 80 asvab, 27 ACT, 1210 SAT (reading and math), 3.4 GPA on a 4.0 scale in high school, involved in sports: swimming, football, track and field, and over 200 community service hours involving cancer walks and teaching kids with disabilities. I've also been employed part time through out my high school years and currently still am employed in college. The only thing hindering me from the Pilot contract would be my eyesight - 20/200 on my left eye and 20/17 on my right eye. The OSO said I can apply for a ground contract and then after getting eye surgery I can transition into the pilot program. I'll keep all of you Marines posted on whether I get selected or not.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Not only will you keep us posted, but you'll be eternally grateful too. LOL....Let us know what happens, on this same thread.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    what kind of PFT you running?....that will be the big decider of making board or not

Quote Originally Posted by josephd View Post
    what kind of PFT you running?....that will be the big decider of making board or not
    Thank you for the reply Marine. For the Enlisted PFT (1.5 mile run) I currently have 24 dead hang pull ups, 132 crunches, and a 9:37 1.5 mile run which leaves me roughly at around 296 points I believe. I don't think i'll do so hot on the 3 mile run but I think I will be able to hit a 21 or 22 minute 3 mile if I push myself ( I have a month left).

Quote Originally Posted by USMC2571 View Post
    Not only will you keep us posted, but you'll be eternally grateful too. LOL....Let us know what happens, on this same thread.
    LOL! yeah I'm used to starting of my reply with "Thank you Marines", habit!

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Well, yes, you really can't thank us enough----just kidding. Good luck....

20/100/21 gives you a 282 which should be good for PLC selection taking into account your other stats. Just keep working on that run after selection to get it down to 19ish. Basically, don't get complacent.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SebastianC View Post
    Thank you for the reply Marine. For the Enlisted PFT (1.5 mile run) I currently have 24 dead hang pull ups, 132 crunches, and a 9:37 1.5 mile run which leaves me roughly at around 296 points I believe. I don't think i'll do so hot on the 3 mile run but I think I will be able to hit a 21 or 22 minute 3 mile if I push myself ( I have a month left).
    That's not the "enlisted PFT"..that is the IST(initial strength test) to be sure you are capable of more and handling the rigors of boot camp.

PFT for enlisted and officers is the same. Like the LCpls said though if you are above a 280 with all those other scores you should be fine

Waiting for the day that the CFT becomes part of the application package. I had my personal worst on Monday. I was going to do it in December and decided to just get it out of the way. Probably a bad idea! lol

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by djj34 View Post
    Waiting for the day that the CFT becomes part of the application package. I had my personal worst on Monday. I was going to do it in December and decided to just get it out of the way. Probably a bad idea! lol
    I was just wondering the same Sir.....I also ran my worst ever a few weeks back, 292..unsat

As quick as the CFT goes, it would break alot of potential candidates/poolees I think...although I think it'd be a better measure of functional fitness, strength, determination, and motivation.

Don't make me feel worse, sergeant! I only got a 279... haha. First non-300 if you exclude the double-CFT my OSO held as a measure of our motivation to see who was not going to be coming around anymore. Did two CFTs on a Saturday, combined both scores, and the bottom 15 were asked to go away until they were serious about the program. Definitely got in at the right time. I feel bad for quality dudes who tried joining during the draw-down.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by djj34 View Post
    Don't make me feel worse, sergeant! I only got a 279... haha. First non-300 if you exclude the double-CFT my OSO held as a measure of our motivation to see who was not going to be coming around anymore. Did two CFTs on a Saturday, combined both scores, and the bottom 15 were asked to go away until they were serious about the program. Definitely got in at the right time. I feel bad for quality dudes who tried joining during the draw-down.
    LOL sorry Sir....hey you swing with the wing though so not like it really matters :winkwink:

I'm gettin old now so I surprised myself with that score actually, PFT season will be coming up quick here now....hoping to knock that outta the park this year with a 280+

Thread Information