Im not sure if music links are also permitted on here so if they are not then i apologise and I will remove this thread.

I am a former Royal Marines Commando currently living in London and in my spare time I sing and write songs.

Last year I decided to write an album for fellow ex service men and those currently serving (Songs for the Bootnecks) which i created largely on a marine vessel half way around the world and helped raise funds for a charity which is clearly close to my heart - Help Our Wounded Royal Marines and Supporting Arms.

The album was well recieved within the Royal Marines family and I was lucky enough to be contacted by so many to tell me about their own experiences both during and after serving.

Since then i have written another song, I wanted to write a song from a soldiers perspective and hopefully write a song that would resonate with the hundreds of thousands of people who have both suffered and witnessed the loss of loved ones, for me this was the loss of a number of my fellow Royal Marines Commando's. The song is called Lest We Forget and it is for those heroes and friends who have made the ultimate sacrifice, suffered physical and mental injuries and for the families and comunities that have also suffered so much.

I recorded the song this week for Remembrance Day from my living room wth little more than me, my acoustic guitar and my laptop (and some rather unwelcome traffic).

I therefore attach the link to my demo, Lest We Forget

https://soundcloud.com/michaelsheldo...a/lestweforget