2015 moral waiver (all misdemeanor dismissed)
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

2015 moral waiver (all misdemeanor dismissed)

Back in 2013 I was 14, me and my buddy were going to see some girls and the only way there was my brand new dirt bike so I was riding on the back and my friend was driving. when a cop tried stopping us he decided to floor it and take off. I couldn't hop off the bike without getting wrecked by the following police car, i had no intention of running( worst case it would be curfew I figured at the time so why run). nevertheless I was charged with Grand theft auto, Riding without a helmet,Curfew,and evading police. At fifteen I did not understand the significance this would play on the rest of my life. Which brings me back to the whole reason I am reaching out to you. Grand theft auto was dropped due to it being my bike and agreement It wasn't in my control to flee, so long story short All of these charges were dismissed via a in house agreement with police department never going to court of any type. What do you guys think? is a moral waiver the same as any other or do they vary depending on what happened? thanks

Similar Threads:

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    if there is no court record of this there shouldn't be a need for any waiver

That is what my recruiters have been saying, I presented all paperwork proving dismissal of every Charge with no court date or anything, Including a typed letter from the detective whom handles juvenile cases stating it was a mistake but whomever is in charge still requested I obtain a waiver do you think my chances are good? they also went and obtained their own copys of the paperwork

Baker1971
    Guest Free Member
    Your a Poolee at 16 ?
    Guy's ? How about Marines....

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Joetucci98 View Post
    That is what my recruiters have been saying, I presented all paperwork proving dismissal of every Charge with no court date or anything, Including a typed letter from the detective whom handles juvenile cases stating it was a mistake but whomever is in charge still requested I obtain a waiver do you think my chances are good? they also went and obtained their own copys of the paperwork
    ok so there is a record of what happened then....yes, you will need a waiver.

none of us here will be able to tell you how likely your chances of getting it and becoming a Marine are. based on my knowledge of the recruiting process now and the continued drawdown/cuts with the Corps your chances are probably slim

So many felons claiming they want to be Marines now.

Why not? Open gays can serve and soon tranny's will be able to as well. The USMC is an equal opportunity employer. The SECDEF's attitude is "why limit my talent pool?".

So many felons claiming they want to be Marines now.
    I understand that,I am not a felon nor was I never convicted or faced any adjudication process(community service ect) for The "taking a vehicle without owners consent, and evasion of police charges. I provided the title of ownership for the bike and upon investigation of the incident the police requested the charges be dropped. I only faced a ticket for not having a helmet and did a letter for curfew a (1 minor traffic offense and 1 misdemeanor in all)

Last edited by Joetucci98; 10-19-15 at 10:49 PM. Reason: wanted to clear up

thank you for the reply going to stay motivated and tough it out

Hey there Marines, I just wanted to update the situation. My old recruiter now works at MEPs and I've been assigned a new recruiter who alongside with the new Recruiting station commander are willing to work with me and push my waiver through. After reviewing all my paperwork its been determined it is a "district level review". Apparently this is supposedly better then what we thought we needed before and if anyone can elaborate on the difference it would be greatly appreciated. In the mean time I'm going to stay in shape and finish up my last couple weeks of high school.

Just means the Commanding Officer of your Recruiting District can make the final decision on your waiver, instead of taking the time to send it further up the chain of command to Headquarters Marine Corps. Fewer people have to look at it so you should know something sooner. Your district Operations Officer will actually be the Marine making the decision and the CO will sign off on it.

Good luck and let is know what they say.

That sounds like some good news. Hopefully ill have opportunity to have a face to face interview along the line of the process. Thanks for the reply Marine. Ill update when I hear anything.

That sounds like some good news. Hopefully ill have opportunity to have a face to face interview along the line of the process. Thanks for the reply Marine. Ill update when I hear anything.

Update: Hey Marines, so I received a call and its not longer a District waiver, It was explained to me the Marine Corps Waiver process looks at what you were originally charged with Despite it being a misdemeanor, it rings up as 4th degree felony when referenced by the Waiver process. which blows my mind because I was told by Police department, Judge ect it is a misdemeanor, however I have a interview by a Major Monday and well go from there. ill keep this posted. thanks

At least, they're taking the time to listen to your story. They don't have to if they don't want to. That meeting with the Major is more like a job interview. Don't mess it up.

Thread Information