Reservist and State Trooper Academy
Create Post

Cool Reservist and State Trooper Academy

Hello all, so I am leaving to Paris Island Nov. 2nd of this year and going for 0311. I am going reserves ONLY because thats apperently all I qualify for which ****ing sucks. Reason that being is I have 3 dependents and if I had a 4th I wouldnt even qualify for enlistment at all for the Marine Corps. Yes, yes, I do realize I would have been qualified fully for active (which is my dream) if I had wore rubbers however this dependency requirement was never in effect till as recent as 2013 which is when I started my enlistment process at 18 and had no idea that ever existed, then was hit with a paper stating I do not qualify for active duty and just barely qualify for Reserves and had to go through a waiver process which lasted, yes TWO YEARS ihave been waiting for approval and finally ****ing got it. Now enough of that and to my question, since I am not able to fulfill my FULL dream and be able to do active duty I guess itd be smart to also start abother career id enjoy to serve my country amd community which is a State Trooper. How easy would it be to deal with both jobs? Is it possible? Im from CT and know that State Trooper academy is aprox 7 mo. long M-F only and I know reserve drills are ussually weekends and 2 weeks of the summer, is it possible and easy for the academy to comply with my drill schedule or vice versa? Is this a smart desicion at all? Any and all advice would help especially those of you that are, have been, or know of any Marines that were in the Active Reserves whilst joining or being in the Police or State Police force. Thank you for your time.

Similar Threads:

I don't see a problem. I've known many reservists who were full-time LEOs.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    about 1/3 of my company is LEOs

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Once you're through everything, being a police officer and a Marine Reservist shouldn't be much of a problem. The problem I foresee is attending a police academy while a reservist.

Most police academies I was associated with or know of, dump quite a bit of homework on you every evening and weekend. They are also mandated to provide X amount of butt-in-seat training hours to you. Although, technically by law, they are supposed to let you attend reserve events, the practical matter is, if you want to be a cop, you may have to adjust your reserve schedule to meet the academy schedule. You can only miss a small amount of hours.

I was a reservist (Air National Guard) when I attended the police academy. I was a TSgt (E6) at the time, had the advantage of not being a newbie to my reserve unit, and was able to work things out - although I still had to attend most of my drills and manage the academy homework at the same time.

Essentially, it won't be easy for you because you'll be a boot in your new infantry unit with no track record of reliability and job skill. You'll also have mandatory training to attend with the reserves. It won't be easy or fun, but it can be done.

Yes it's possible, many reservists are also LEO's. Your unit will accommodate your academy needs and vica versa. What unit are you going to? I know a few Marines (bootcamp buddies) who are up there in CT in reserve units.

Baker1971
    Guest Free Member
    The OP curses a lot and if you wore rubbers you wouldn't have those precious children.

What's with the smiley face and sunglasses, something funny to you ?

Credits
    Savings
    i'd say a troll too..
    flew under the wire...

wonder if he can do medical school
    too ?

He might be the twin brother
    to the kid that wants
    infantry and recon
    next door in another
    thread.

Credits
    Savings
    i'd say a troll too..
    flew under the wire...

wonder if he can do medical school
    too ?

them two might be brothers, seperated at birth
    soi, mart, and brc

Started by anderson66‎, 09-20-15 09:26 PM

PJones64
    Guest Free Member
    Yeah, agree with Master Gunz there. The poster don't seem cut out to be a cop, dealing with the public, with a post like his? Sounds like a badazz. LOL

Thread Information