Single mom wants to enlist.
Create Post

Single mom wants to enlist.

I've always wanted to be in the military, yada, yada, yada. I talked to Army and Air Force recruiters who told me they wouldn't work with me unless I gave up full custody of my daughter. When I went to the Navy, they told me all I needed was a Family Care Plan and a waiver to enlist in the reserves. Cool, I enlisted. Now I kinda regret that because I want to be a Marine. My question is if I may still enlist in the Marines if I obtain a waiver and complete the Family Care Plan?

Similar Threads:

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    go talk to a recruiter

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Good advice, Joe---I don't think anyone here knows the answer to your specific question(s), complicated as it is by you already being in the naval reserve.

Money says they make her sign away parental rights in order to ship.. IF they will even consider talking to a single mom about enlistment. Thats how the males have to do it.

Stay home with your kids. That's my advice.

I agree with Munky. I cannot believe that the Marine Corps would have a more relaxed policy than the Army or Air Force. I do know that once you survive the first enlistment and re-enlist, the Army would let you claim your children as full dependents. You would be required to have a family care plan from that day forward.

Also, since you are a Navy Reservist, I doubt the Navy will let you go until you complete your obligation to them. This is not professional sports where you can get traded because you are not happy where you are at.

Thread Information